General

NRA fies for bankruptcy

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/business/nra-bankruptcy-new-york-texas/index.html

Comments

• What does this have to do with Tesla?
  • Musk just moved to a big pro-gun state?
  • Has to be a great scandalous story of how they managed to bankrupt a wealthy tax haven that had steady subscription cash flow.

NRA built a huge palace in VA wonder if that was sold off for cash.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > What does this have to do with Tesla?

It has nothing to do with anything in the General forum description.

I’m a member, but it’s a non-issue. They’ll restructure but even if they disappeared it wouldn’t make a difference.
  • .> @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > > What does this have to do with Tesla?
    >
    > It has nothing to do with anything in the General forum description.
    >
    > I’m a member, but it’s a non-issue. They’ll restructure but even if they disappeared it wouldn’t make a difference.

Ditto being a proud member. My daughter got her first AR-15 when she was 10
  • > @sentabo said:
    > ^^
    >
    > Think I'll just leave that there. It speaks for itself.

Good call!
  • > @RedShift said:
    > I got my ten year old son an old 2012 Mac Mini. We upgraded the RAM to 16 GB, and a 1TB SSD. Got a hack to run latest Mac OS (Big Sur), and benchmarked out against a latest 2020 Mac Book Pro, to find out was running almost as fast. 👍😊
    >
    > Each, to his own. 😁

Nice "overclocking"! Running a RAID configuration?
  • > @jimglas_98269389 said:
    > https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/business/nra-bankruptcy-new-york-texas/index.html

In all honesty, they're probably trying to avoid having to pay on a judgement from a suit.
  • @"blue adept"

“ Nice "overclocking"! Running a RAID configuration?”

I had the Mac Mini almost ready to be electronic recycled when this idea hit me to upgrade it. After I saw its performance, almost tempted to keep it for myself, but..😄

Similar to the Mac, I’ve had two 2 TB HDDs not being used after being ordered couple years back. Now that you’ve mentioned them, I must do a RAID backup with them. 🙂
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: They’ll restructure but even if they disappeared it wouldn’t make a difference."

NRA is responsible for high US gun death and injury rate so NRA going bankrupt so it can no longer finance political campaigns of the gun violence advocates will have a positive impact on US getting guns under control.

But the real story is how did they manage to bankrupt a cash cow like the NRA? What did they spend the money on?
  • edited January 16
    > @FISHEV said:
    political campaigns of the gun violence advocates
    >
    > @FISHEV said:
    No nitwittery please.

Then stop posting.
  • Life time member and I don't care if they go under.
  • > @WW_Icefree said: > Life time member"

After bankruptcy, all "Lifetime" members have to pay again to promote gun violence.
  • Flagged for lies
  • > @RedShift said:
    > Similar to the Mac, I’ve had two 2 TB HDDs not being used after being ordered couple years back. Now that you’ve mentioned them, I must do a RAID backup with them. 🙂
    >

ALWAYS backup your drives because you never know when sh!t could go sideways with the way things are developing in the digital realm these days.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'F'¯'''''L ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'[``…'¾`` ``` ``` ``` ```
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'[```…ʹ[` ` ` ` ``` ``` ```
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `#````ˆ[```` ``` ``` ``` ``
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `'#``…``'[`… ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` #…`````'F`` ` ` ` `` ``` ```
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ƒ¯```````'[__` ` ` ` ` ` ` ``` ``
    ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ƒ¯````````ʹ¯¯¯¯''''''''''''¯¯¯¯¯¯™[ `
    gµµµµµµµµµµµµµµ_µ™`````````````````````````'# `
    '₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫F¯…`````````````````````` ` ²q[¯ ` `
    ʹ₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫¾````````````````````````````ʹ} … `
    ›₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫#`````````````````````````__µr… ` `
    ³₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫…`````````````````````````¯[ … ` `
    `₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫$``````````````````````````_F … ` `
    `]₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫₫#````````````````````````ʹ''''[… … ` `
    `'₫₫₫₫₫₫₫F''''']₫#___`````````````````````` '# … ` `
    …₫₫₫₫₫₫₫bµ₫₫₫₫$¯''''¹uuuuuɷuɷuɷuɷuɷuɷµ#¯ ` ` ` ` `
    …'''''''™''''™'''™''''™™ … … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … … ` ` `
    ` … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … ` … ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` … ` ` ` ` `.
  • > @RedShift said:
    > @"blue adept"
    >
    > “ Nice "overclocking"! Running a RAID configuration?”
    >
    > I had the Mac Mini almost ready to be electronic recycled when this idea hit me to upgrade it. After I saw its performance, almost tempted to keep it for myself, but..😄
    >
    > Similar to the Mac, I’ve had two 2 TB HDDs not being used after being ordered couple years back. Now that you’ve mentioned them, I must do a RAID backup with them. 🙂
    >
    >

What! No M1 MacBook for the laddie?

Stingy dad! 😉

We just got one for experimentation for work, but shipped to my mini-me’s house directly. I will likely never see it in action. 😔
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: They’ll restructure but even if they disappeared it wouldn’t make a difference."
    >
    > NRA is responsible for high US gun death and injury rate so NRA going bankrupt so it can no longer finance political campaigns of the gun violence advocates will have a positive impact on US getting guns under control.
    >
    > But the real story is how did they manage to bankrupt a cash cow like the NRA? What did they spend the money on?
    >

People kill people guns don’t. For Fishy that’s like saying Tesla, Ford, GM all their cars kill people, nope it’s the idiots that drive unsafe that do. Fishev = moron.
  • @NYKTA

“ What! No M1 MacBook for the laddie?

Stingy dad! 😉”

Dude, if I show you how fast it is compared to my wife’s 1750$ MacBook Pro, you’d become an addict to upgrading old stuff.

Especially when it cost me just $220 to do it!

The little one already has a screaming fast gaming fairly well spec’d PC.. this is to get him hooked on Unix.. and Perl/Python, and C.. 😁
  • @JVINFL

“ People kill people guns don’t.”

Take away the AR-15, and see how much harder it is to kill a whole bunch with just your hands.

A tired old lie, just repeated ad - nauseum.
  • I build my own. Best money saving.
  • Not an apple fan sorry.