General

Teslas Kill Cats?

https://www.eonline.com/news/1228052/jamie-lynn-spears-blames-tesla-for-her-cats-devastating-and-tragic-deaths

Comments

• https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/earl-dead-cat-82073307
  • They don't explain very well how it happens. I guess the problem is that cats sometimes sit under cars and don't hear when an electric car starts to move while they sit or lay in front of one of the wheels.

Cats hear very well. It surprises me that they don't hear it when a car starts to move. The tires make a sound.

A very simple solution could be to accelerate very gently and slowly from the parking place to give cats more time to notice what's happening.

Cat owners should look under the car. They can also make a noise before driving off.
  • Typically cats scatter when one approaches a car then open and close the door. Additionally Tesla's do make noise when taken out of park. It's the rear parking brake releasing.

Heaven forbid it be written off as an unfortunate accident. Somebody has to be at fault!!!!
  • If you have cats and you know they sleep near the car wheels can’t you just go backward 1 cm then advance 1 cm slowly to give him the chance to move?
  • I thought Fish would be happy, you know since he is Fish.
  • Hard to believe this is actually a story to report. Must have been a slow day in the news, or, because the name “Tesla” was mentioned it all of a sudden became a neccesary story.
    I wonder if same would hold true if was done by a Ford Mach e, or a Nissan Leaf.
  • Other cars kill cats; saw a dead cat a few days ago in the gutter of a busy street. Cats kill birds; recently saw a cat with a dead song bird in its mouth in my back yard.
    Suggestion: keep your cats inside.
  • Needs to make the sound of a barking dog or a large bird swooping down on a small prey to carry it off to its nest in order to frightened them away.
  • I think her nut job sister killed the cats, or gave them to Azelia Banks.

Just another hack job against Tesla.
  • My cat killing story. (not in my Tesla)

I ran over a cat just down the street. It was being chased by another cat and darted out from bushes so fast I could not stop. I pulled over and was in shock. A couple cars behind me pulled over and one was a veterinarian. We get out to look at the cat and the owner came running out of his house. Mind you I had to slam on the brakes and fortunately the cars were not close behind. The cat owner looks at me and says in kind of an angry voice this is the second cat of mine that got run over in a year. The vet and I looked each other and just rolled our eyes.
  • If that cat had nine lives...
  • I grab pussies to save them from evil Teslas.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > I grab pussies to save them from evil Teslas.

There has to be one in every crowd! ;-)
  • > @"David N" said:
    > Hard to believe this is actually a story to report. Must have been a slow day in the news, or, because the name “Tesla” was mentioned it all of a sudden became a neccesary story.
    > I wonder if same would hold true if was done by a Ford Mach e, or a Nissan Leaf.

Let's see it positively. If the Tesla-haters now have to resort to killed cats, Tesla can't be doing too badly. (:-)
  • Who is going to get personalized plate KATKILR ?
  • @Tesla2018 +1

Add KATZAPR and FLATCAT to that list.
  • The NRA would say, “Blame the driver, not the Tesla.”
  • Looks like Jamie Lynn Spears is walking back some comments about running over pussies with a Tesla.
  • She will probably ask a ban on EVs for being serial cat killers.
    The next thing she it going to blame is full self driving killing cats
  • > @declanevan_933130515 said:
    > She will probably ask a ban on EVs for being serial cat killers.

Cats don't eat serial. Obligate carnivores. ;-)