Cybertruck

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Cybertruck 5 Foot Short Bed Option and 300 Miles Range for the Single motor!!

Hi Elon and Tesla team...can you seriously consider making a 5-foot short bed option for the Cybertruck? Where I live, I can only park in my garage, and it is not convenient or that safe for me to leave my car/truck on the street and then walk home. I'm still hanging onto my reservation in hoping that you will have this option. Also, if you will be making the smaller European size in Texas, I would want that instead of the big US version. And, please make the single motor with at least 300 miles range. Thanks for all your hard work. I am rooting for you!

Comments

• Even though it is hosted by Tesla it is a fan forum and not monitored by the Tesla engineers.

That being said there has been talk that a smaller CT might come out later but its not for sure yet.

Unlike the typical body on frame truck it is significantly more difficult to have long bed/ standard bed / short bed options on something where the body is the frame.
  • Hey Elon and Tesla team...also, can you make the second row seats fold flat so that you can convert it into an extra sleeper for one? This would come handy if you are stuck in the mountains after a heavy rain and you have to wait a day for the road to dry up a bit before descending. Also, can we have an option of NOT having the middle front seat? Also, it would be cool if you could have the roof and side door glass be opaque with the flip of a switch like you see with those public bathrooms in Japan where you could see everything inside but once you enter, the whole thing is becomes opaque. Also, this last one is kind of superfluous. How about having a thing so that you can get local TV reception for news and stuff on the screen. This would be handy and useful if you were driving across the US and you want local news for safety reasons and such.
  • mbowden_98415965 Yes, I know that it's a fan forum, but I was hoping that Sofiaan Fraval or Galileo Russell from the Third Row Podcast (or some other super fans) would read this and pass it on to the Tesla team. Yes, I have also heard Elon mentioning the smaller Cybertruck for the European market. Like the Model 3 where you have two casts being made for the body structure (one for the front and one for the back) and then both pieces being welded together into one piece like Sandy Munro suggested. In that case, you can have two cast options for the back piece for the Cybertruck, one with long bed and one with short bed. When you have a customer ordering the short bed, you program the robot to take the back piece from the short back piece stack and weld it to the front piece instead of the back piece from the long back piece stack. I bet there will be a lot of people who will want the short bed option also. If it is cast as one piece from the beginning, then you just have two stacks, one with short and one with long body. Right now Tesla is just trying to fill the standard orders, but later in the future, they may need more options in their products to entice the customers to their side like having so much good stuff for buyers that you just have to have a Tesla and not any other car brand. More bang for the buck kind of thing.
  • > @CyberT said:
    > Hi Elon and Tesla team...can you seriously consider making a 5-foot short bed option for the Cybertruck? Where I live, I can only park in my garage, and it is not convenient or that safe for me to leave my car/truck on the street and then walk home.

If you can't handle a truck, don't buy one. Get a Model Y instead. A mini truck would make Tesla less competitive against the Ford F-150 which is the largest competitor of the Cybertruck.

If you want a Honda Ridgeline like truck from Tesla then ask for that. It will not be in the same class as a Cybertruck.

Small sized pick ups have a market, but the Cybertruck seems to be targeting full sized pick ups.
  • "Small sized pick ups have a market, but the Cybertruck seems to be targeting full sized pick ups."

Temporarily.
  • Ross1: Agreed. Don't know the exact percentage, but there should be a sizable market out there for shorter/smaller trucks. Once Tesla fill all the big size truck market, they will need to branch out and make the smaller trucks. Also, vans would also be in great demand.

Hey Elon and Tesla Team...one more thing, can you make the cybertruck floor wet proof? In other words, don't put any electrical or fancy carpet on the floor. It has to be able to be hosed down completely for mud and stuff.
  • Hi Elon and team will you please make CT 5% LARGER. and 10% faster and taller. 2.9 on 40s with a 500 mile range !!
  • I would love to see an option to carry around a Powerwall or 2 in the bed with a connection into the main battery, to act as extended batteries.
    It could be done using a large Anderson Powerpole connector connecting the batteries DC to DC like adding an extended battery to a UPS system, but I don't think that will happen as a factory feature.
    The Powerwalls could live as part of a home power system 99% of the time, then be disconnected from the home's primary Powerwall and lifted onto the back of the truck by a few guys (they weigh 250lbs) and connected for those occasional extra-long road trips, but you still would have the ability to leave them behind if the extra space was required. I expect you would get an extra 30 miles of range with each Powerwall. They are already weather resistant, so you don't necessarily even have to close the tonneau over them.
    Just a thought, I'm not sure what the Powerwall internal voltage is and how well that would match up with the truck's battery, probably a Powerwall 3 designed for this scenario would be needed, but as someone who will likely one day add a powerwall to my home, this is a really appealing idea.