Model 3

QUESTION - PERSPECTIVE BUYER

I'm looking to buy a used LR model 3 with FSD, but I saw this:
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Tesla/MODEL%203/2018/structure%20body%20roof%20and%20pillars/problems/1545559

It's about this issue ID "1545559" about the roof rack. What is it? Is it something I should be concerned about?

Side question;
I would strictly be supercharging, should I be worried about battery degradation or cost of ownership? I also expect to be putting on 20k ish miles per year

Comments

• In my opinion that complaint is from someone who improperly installed a roof rack, roof rack is an add on that can be found in the Tesla shop for purchase, if you want a real world review of supercharging affects look up out of spec motoring 60k review on you tube
  • So not something to be concerned about I guess?

and thanks for the info I'm watching it now, super informative so far
  • As far as your charging situation goes, it is done by some. A troll here named FISHEV claims he does it and may weigh in here...he’ll add in some lies to make it sound like a horrible experience - he has a dishonest agenda, so don’t accept his stories.

See “Tesla Joy’s” channel on YouTube. She describes the experience of tesla ownership with no home charging, pretty well. “Tesla Bjorn” also does a high percentage of charging at fast chargers. He talks a bit about degradation and has measured his own - it really isn’t bad at all - teslas battery mgmt system takes pretty good care of itself.

Personally I think people who have no home or work charging have to live with a compromise to own any ev. Having no home charging surrenders what, in my opinion is the greatest advantage of ev ownership...never having to go anywhere to refuel. You’ll have to make regular supercharging stops. Prices in some areas are similar to fuel, and it will take longer than a fuel stop. Can still be a rewarding experience...and maybe someday your charging situation will change.
  • I live in a flat and I am using public chargers exclusively. So far no issues, however, I have one 7kw and two 50kw walking distance from my flat. It is ok so far 1000 miles + on the car.

In relation to the roof rack, do you plan to install one? I personally don't have and I can't comment on this one from experience.
  • I supercharged for 2 years with no degradation attributed to supercharging. As for the cost it will be ≤ gasoline.
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > I supercharged for 2 years with no degradation attributed to supercharging. As for the cost it will be ≤ gasoline.

Fish would disagree with you Tanya. With his Teslafi screen shots and all the jazz.
  • > @ejara117_98640744 said: > I would strictly be supercharging, should I be worried about battery degradation or cost of ownership? I also expect to be putting on 20k ish miles per year"

Pretty much my situation, no home charging, 24,000 a year in miles, currently just hit 40k at 18 months. Check battery degradation on the used Tesla by asking them to charge it 100% then look at Rated Range. You could also ask them to show you the StatsApp degradation curve.

Battery degradation has been 6% in first year which is high. It's leveled off but, as with all Li-on batteries the decline is fact of life. You will degrade the battery faster with all fast DC charging, likely twice as fast as someone with home charging. I would call it manageable probably in line to get close to 30% range loss in 8 years.

Key is where are the Tesla chargers you will be using. In winter I have to charge for 30 minutes everyday to get to work, home and back. In summer, probably every other day. For play, the chargers work for shore runs and ski trips (120, 800 and 1600 round trips). Find the chargers and make sure the locations match your lifestyle.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @ejara117_98640744 said: > I would strictly be supercharging, should I be worried about battery degradation or cost of ownership? I also expect to be putting on 20k ish miles per year"
    >
    > Pretty much my situation, no home charging, 24,000 a year in miles, currently just hit 40k at 18 months. Check battery degradation on the used Tesla by asking them to charge it 100% then look at Rated Range. You could also ask them to show you the StatsApp degradation curve.
    >
    > Battery degradation has been 6% in first year which is high. It's leveled off but, as with all Li-on batteries the decline is fact of life. You will degrade the battery faster with all fast DC charging, likely twice as fast as someone with home charging. I would call it manageable probably in line to get close to 30% range loss in 8 years.
    >
    > Key is where are the Tesla chargers you will be using. In winter I have to charge for 30 minutes everyday to get to work, home and back. In summer, probably every other day. For play, the chargers work for shore runs and ski trips (120, 800 and 1600 round trips). Find the chargers and make sure the locations match your lifestyle.
    >
    >

> @"yudansha™" said:
    > I supercharged for 2 years with no degradation attributed to supercharging. As for the cost it will be ≤ gasoline.

Fish would disagree with you Tanya. With his Teslafi screen shots and all the jazz. Just like I predicted.
  • edited January 17
    > @WW_Icefree said: > Fish would disagree with you Tanya."

Well my Model 3 battery degradation is not the same. But then two people can both charge at DC charging only but one only needs to charge once every two weeks and only discharges to 40% and doesn't charge above 85%. Degradation will be high in one case and low in another...imagine that.

> @WW_Icefree said: > With his Teslafi screen shots and all the jazz.

We call them documented facts.
  • > @WW_Icefree said:
    > > @FISHEV said:
    > > > @ejara117_98640744 said: > I would strictly be supercharging, should I be worried about battery degradation or cost of ownership? I also expect to be putting on 20k ish miles per year"
    > >
    > > Pretty much my situation, no home charging, 24,000 a year in miles, currently just hit 40k at 18 months. Check battery degradation on the used Tesla by asking them to charge it 100% then look at Rated Range. You could also ask them to show you the StatsApp degradation curve.
    > >
    > > Battery degradation has been 6% in first year which is high. It's leveled off but, as with all Li-on batteries the decline is fact of life. You will degrade the battery faster with all fast DC charging, likely twice as fast as someone with home charging. I would call it manageable probably in line to get close to 30% range loss in 8 years.
    > >
    > > Key is where are the Tesla chargers you will be using. In winter I have to charge for 30 minutes everyday to get to work, home and back. In summer, probably every other day. For play, the chargers work for shore runs and ski trips (120, 800 and 1600 round trips). Find the chargers and make sure the locations match your lifestyle.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > I supercharged for 2 years with no degradation attributed to supercharging. As for the cost it will be ≤ gasoline.
    >
    > Fish would disagree with you Tanya. With his Teslafi screen shots and all the jazz. Just like I predicted.

I believe it is negligible if any, ~2% more than changing at home. As long as there is a supercharger conveniently located, the OP will be fine.
  • > @"yudansha™" > As long as there is a supercharger conveniently located, the OP will be fine. "

That is the key and to be prepared for up to daily 30 minute charging.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"yudansha™" > As long as there is a supercharger conveniently located, the OP will be fine. "
    >
    > That is the key and to be prepared for up to daily 30 minute charging.
    >
    >

A lot of WaWa locations along I-95 have superchargers now, conveniently and easily accessible. He can check nearby hotels, malls as well. In 2-3 years there will be a lot of chargers added at various small businesses, shopping plazas, etc.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"yudansha™" > As long as there is a supercharger conveniently located, the OP will be fine. "
    >
    > That is the key and to be prepared for up to daily 30 minute charging.
    >

If you have a 150 mile daily commute like Fake News Fishy
  • edited January 17
    > @Spuzzz said: > If you have a 150 mile daily commute like Fake News Fishy"

Commute is just 100 miles round trip but if I work the next day, I have to charge to 150 miles to go to work, home and work so 150 miles. That's about car's range in cold weather with a 310 EPA rated range in cold weather, in rain, driving 70 mph+.
  • Whatever FishTroll claims no one believes your single word. Congrats!
  • And, just throwing this in for good measure: Public Service Announcement:
    FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
    names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
    take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
    suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
    about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.
    It's unlikely that (a) FISH is a natural human or (b) that FISHY actually owns a Tesla. The entity, or, more likely the shill farm paid to put FISHY in business, is here to disrupt the forums.
  • Now back to the topic of prospective buyer. What is perspective? 😉
  • Its a blessing in the skies
  • Now Tanya sock puppet talks just like a Fish.