Model X

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Not starting up problem

Hi there, just seeing if anyone has had this issue on their X before. I went out to go to work this morning and the vehicle is completely dead..both screens black. Called support and we tried the screen reset and also a key reset. Both did not work. I live 700 kms from the nearest Service center and the mobile tech is booked for a month.. any suggestions?

Comments

• The fact you got into the car sort of implies the car has power? What is the model/year of your car? If you have a meter, can you check the 12v? It should be 12-14.5V. If lower, the 12v battery may have died, and/or the DC-DC charger has failed. If it looks like the 12v battery has failed, you could try charging it and/or replacing it yourself to get going. The manual explains how to charge the 12v from an external charger.
  • Thanks for the reply. I have a 17 Model X 100D. When I called support I asked about the 12V and shge said it looks good on their end. Do you think I should still give it a boost. The key fobs dont work, screens are black..but when I put the charger on it the big screen comes on and show the charge but cant do anything else with it
  • This is strange. No, I no longer think the 12v is the problem. I think Tesla service is going to need to look at it. The fact that they can remote into it is a partially good sign, but with FOB failure and display failure are two separate systems, it may be some internal electrical connection failure. Sorry, I don't have any better ideas.