Model S

What will happen to non-inventory Model S orders placed now?

- Will they be fulfilled with post-refresh cars given the factory lines are off and presumably being reconfigured? what are the chances that orders placed now get fulfilled with the current design if inventory is being depleted and no new ones are being built?
- Any guesses as to whether the base price for the Model S will be going up/down/flat? If it goes up will orders placed now be a uniquely special deal because you get the old price and the refreshed car? if the price goes down I assume they will honor the new price?

Comments

• I predict the refresh will be nothing more than providing better “fit and finish” to existing design to appease Consumer Report, and hopefully take Tesla off the naughty list.
  • My guess-- The range and the price will go up, but the people who order before that will get the old range and price. The will be offered a OTA update (for a price) to get the new improved range.

But this is just a guess, Had the been an actual press release you would have been informed as to where to send your money.
  • Plenty of guesses, but that's all they are. If you order now, you'll know whether you're getting an inventory car (you'll find out). If the price goes down after you order, you may have to cancel and reorder to get the lower price. If the price goes up, you'll be okay. You can't have it both ways. 🙂