Model 3

2020.48.35.5 Downloading Now

Did a search for release notes on all the typical sites and no luck... is this anything great? Still has 2020 at the beginning.

Comments

• Just downloading now. No idea what is in it... will check release notes soon. Bug fixes I assume.
  • Same release notes as previous version. Bug fix a guess. Sigh....
  • https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1352010491464450055?s=20
    "It confirms that steering wheel is going to be software locked on cars after a cutoff, so you'd be able to pay and unlock it."
  • Yes as he explains, cars after a certain date will come with heated steering wheel hardware, will be software locked, paid upgrade to unlock heated steering wheel feature.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Yes as he explains, cars after a certain date will come with heated steering wheel hardware, will be software locked, paid upgrade to unlock heated steering wheel feature.

That's weird that they would make people pay for it because it comes standard on the new Standard Range Model Y.
  • Yes well, according to green, who may be mistaken. 😎
  • We installed this version last night. Had a few larger glitches over our long trip this past weekend, so hopefully this clears them. I'm not normally quite so early in the rollout (usually 3-4 days in, not day 1), so I expect my car's upload reported something that they were working on that bumped me up sooner.
  • Happy to get rid of the last software version that had BAD in its name
  • Yeah, that's hexadecimal 0xBAD; that's like complaining that there's the number 13 at the end of a long number 😁. Base 10, that translates to 0d2989.
  • New update works great like last two for me. 👍🏼
  • I completed this upgrade (2020.48.35.5.842a95863251) in my model 3 and found a new issue today. I was the first car sitting at a red light in the left turn lane and saw something really weird. Even though both lane lights were red, there was a very large traffic light in the display blinking green off an on to the right of the normal pictured red lights while I sat there motionless. Can anyone see a problem with this in self driving mode? I took a picture of it if anyone from Tesla is reading.
  • I have seen that before this version. Its probably detecting a traffic light on an awkward angle to the cars position. Possibly one just above your left shoulder. The pillar camera sees it but you may not.
  • just finished the update; Dashcam not working, shows on under Safety and Security but the button is grayed out. Made a bug report to Tesla
  • > @Tronguy said:
    > Yeah, that's hexadecimal 0xBAD; that's like complaining that there's the number 13 at the end of a long number 😁. Base 10, that translates to 0d2989.

Just wait until version 0xdeadbeef or 0xfee1dead rolls out.
  • @ ggodefroid_98389061, happened to me but two software updates ago, not on the current one, the fix for me was to park my car, pull the thumb drive, do a reboot, reinsert and reformat the drive, everything‘s been good since.
  • > @ggodefroid_98389061 said:
    > just finished the update; Dashcam not working, shows on under Safety and Security but the button is grayed out. Made a bug report to Tesla

Which button are you referring to?
  • M3phan; thanks that worked.
    EVRider; on the menu screen for Safety and Security the Dashcam slider was grayed out and format disk did nothing. I powered the car down waited about 2 minutes, did a reboot, plugged in the usb drive and the dashcam reactivated.
  • Excellent.
  • Reason I mentioned parking the car before following my steps was because when encountered that fail, I tried to reformat the USB drive while I was driving, it started the process but then the Reformat toggle stayed grayed out. Parked, pulled stick, rebooted, then the reformatting worked to completion.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Reason I mentioned parking the car before following my steps was because when encountered that fail, I tried to reformat the USB drive while I was driving, it started the process but then the Reformat toggle stayed grayed out. Parked, pulled stick, rebooted, then the reformatting worked to completion.

I am going to guess dashcam was enabled when you tried to format while driving.
  • Dashcam was not showing on the screen at all, but just the gray X on the icon, the icon itself was not there.
  • but-not
  • The format button is also greyed out if you have more than one USB drive (one for music, one for video).
  • Still does fix the backup or Navigation screen . Still no fullscreen backup screen anymore. 30.30 worst update ever.
  • I just installed it and now noticing a low audible noise when I'm in drive going forward. It's similar to the reverse warning noise but a bit quieter and disappears when I hit 20mph. Curious if anybody else has noticed something similar.