Model 3

not work Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Auto Lane Change

Good day. I purchased a Tesla Model 3 car - VIN 5YJ3E1EA9KF301182and am using it in Moscow Russia. In all versions of this model, starting from 2019, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control should work by default - in my car it does not work until the end. He sees obstacles, but does not slow down in front of them as he approaches and does not maintain the selected distance before the vehicle is moving in front. Also Auto Lane Change does not work. I ask you to solve this problem on my car.

And one more question related to navigation in my car. How can I change maps to Moscow maps and activate the navigator function? Because he sees the maps of my location, but I cannot set the destination. I have to use maps in my smartphone, which is unsafe for traveling in a Tesla car. And as far as I know, your company cares about the safety of Tesla car owners. And I hope he will also take measures to eliminate this problem.

Comments

  • TACC does not maintain a selected distance per se. It will maintain a safe distance based on the speed. If you are driving faster, the distance will increase since stopping time increases. The user setting just allows for a preference as to relative following distance, but it is still speed based.

    You need FSD to get auto lane change. Do you have FSD?

    I'm not sure what you are describing with setting the destination. I would read your owner's manual and see if that answers your questions on how to set a destination.

    Also, Tesla does not monitor this forum. The participants here are just owners and enthusiasts.
  • > @snastya01 said:
    > Good day. I purchased a Tesla Model 3 car - VIN 5YJ3E1EA9KF301182and am using it in Moscow Russia. In all versions of this model, starting from 2019, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control should work by default - in my car it does not work until the end. He sees obstacles, but does not slow down in front of them as he approaches and does not maintain the selected distance before the vehicle is moving in front. Also Auto Lane Change does not work. I ask you to solve this problem on my car.
    >

    Different areas have different regulations related to features like Auto Lane Change. I believe Moscow is one of the areas where Auto Lane Change is not available. So until regulators there allow it, there is nothing Tesla can do to enable that functionality. Also Traffic Aware Cruise control is not automatically turned on, you have to turn it on by pushing down on the stalk. Also if your pushing the Accelerator pedal then Traffic Aware Cruise Control will not slow or brake for cars ahead.
    As for the Maps, if Tesla don't have a presence in Russia, then they won't likely have navigation for that country.
  • Probably you should ask Putin to unlock the feature.
  • edited January 21
    > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > TACC does not maintain a selected distance per se."

    Actually it does and there are 6(?) levels you can set following distance using right thumb wheel. It's dicey as usually the right thumb wheel will pop up voice control so you have to play with it to get the following distance setting.

    In this case, I'd make sure it was set to longest and see when it slows down approach another car.
  • Здравствуйте Настя. Что именно у вас не получается с навигацией? Я могу предложить, что проблема с навигацией связана с тем, что Россия не является официальной страной, где Тесла продаёт машины. Вы купили Теслу в Европе и перегнали в Россию?
  • Про Круиз. Машина иногда двигается чуть быстрее, чем это сделали бы вы перед тем, как остановится. Опробуйте на более низких скоростях, чтобы привыкнуть к системе и увеличить доверие к ней. Про дистанцию, как вам уже написали выше она не держит определенную длину, как например в одну машину или две и т.д., а держит дистанцию которая безопасна для скорости с которой вы едите в зависимости от выбранного числа в настройках.
  • edited January 21
    That car is a salvage vehicle from Texas, with MAJOR front end damage. https://en.bidfax.info/tesla/model-3/5858498-tesla-model-3-2019-blue-vin-5yj3e1ea9kf301182.html
  • I'm curious that the car was purchased (without saying where) and is "being used in Russia" -- which implies it's a car originally sold in another country/region and was imported. As maps are generally defined by the country of origin, that could be the source of a large portion of the problems.

    Also, Auto Lane Change is not part of the base AP package that is included with the car (this was noted earlier in the thread, but I wanted to reiterate it). And not all 2019 vehicles had base AP included. I believe it started in April -- so if the car was produced prior to that (can be found on the door sticker), even base AP would would be an additional cost and the car may have basic "dumb" cruise control, which would not slow down for objects.
  • FISHY is present. Public Service Announcement:
    FISHEV является известным троллем несколько лет стоял и несколько имен пользователей, который толкает анти Tesla повествования. Пожалуйста, примите его мнения с недоверием, избегайте каких-либо советов, которые он может предложить, и не позволяйте ему имплантировать какой-либо страх, неопределенность, или сомнения по поводу Тесла или ваш автомобиль в ваше собственное мнение.
  • Про Авто перестройку полос. У вас Авто Пилот, Улучшенный Авто Пилот или Полное Само-вождение(AP,EAP or FSD)?Если у вас просто Авто Пилот, то функции Авто перестройки полос у вас не будет.
  • Если вы купили машину, которая была Сэлвидж в Америке не удивляйтесь, что она не работает как надо. Тесла не несёт ни какой ответственности за Сэлвидж машины. Если вас обманули продавцы просите деньги назад или подавайте в суд на них.
  • Thanks guys. I told her that if she bought salvaged car that Tesla has zero responsibility for it. And if she was scammed by seller try to get money back or try to sue him. Common practice in Russia. Smart ass get salvaged cars from US quickly fix them cosmetically and resell them like nothing happened.
  • > @"WW_Icefrеe" said:
    > Thanks guys. I told her that if she bought salvaged car that Tesla has zero responsibility for it. And if she was scammed by seller try to get money back or try to sue him. Common practice in Russia. Smart ass get salvaged cars from US quickly fix them cosmetically and resell them like nothing happened.

    The VIN did decode to look like it may have been a salvage, so that's a strong possibility.
  • > @derotam said:
    > That car is a salvage vehicle from Texas, with MAJOR front end damage. https://en.bidfax.info/tesla/model-3/5858498-tesla-model-3-2019-blue-vin-5yj3e1ea9kf301182.html
    >

    Yikes!
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > TACC does not maintain a selected distance per se."
    >
    > Actually it does and there are 6(?) levels you can set following distance using right thumb wheel. It's dicey as usually the right thumb wheel will pop up voice control so you have to play with it to get the following distance setting.
    >
    > In this case, I'd make sure it was set to longest and see when it slows down approach another car.
    >

    Wrong. It is time-based distance. The settings (1-7) will adjust the time-based setting to increase/decrease following distance. At a given setting, your following distance will increase with speed. Just like I said in my original post. See owner's manual page 83.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > TACC does not maintain a selected distance per se."
    >
    > Actually it does and there are 6(?) levels you can set following distance using right thumb wheel. It's dicey as usually the right thumb wheel will pop up voice control so you have to play with it to get the following distance setting.
    >
    > In this case, I'd make sure it was set to longest and see when it slows down approach another car.
    >

    Dicey? What utter garbage. Also, your English is getting worse by the post. Can you put 'daytime' Fish back on please?!
  • > @snastya01 said:
    > Traffic-Aware Cruise Control should work by default - in my car it does not work until the end. He sees obstacles, but does not slow down in front of them as he approaches

    That sounds like you are describing a non-moving object. You should never expect TACC in any car to slow down for non-moving objects, unless the manufacturer specifically states that it will do so.

    In most cars with TACC, the TACC will only adjust its speed to match other cars moving in the same direction. It will ignore non-moving cars and cars moving in the opposite direction.
  • > @AllanO said:
    > It will ignore non-moving cars and cars moving in the opposite direction.

    Just to be clear if the non moving car is in front of you it will not ignore it. :-)
Sign In or Register to comment.