Model 3

Media seems to now hate Tesla.

The media is reporting that a Tesla M3 exploded in China. Every headline I found uses the word "Exploded" but when you read the articles it says the car hit a man-hole and damaged the battery which then caught fire. Its interesting they want to claim it exploded when the man- hole ripped into the battery and it caught fire and burned. No explosion. Jezz you think the Trolls were writing the headlines.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/tesla-model-3-car-reportedly-explodes-in-china/

I am actually shocked the Trolls haven't posted this a million times saying it wiped out a city block. Grin

Comments

• interesting too that they use gender terms (manhole)... Thought we evolved ;) :D
  • What do you mean by "seems to now hate"? They have been hating Tesla since its inception.
  • There is not media conspiracy against Tesla. Minions are deep into conspiracy theories.
  • Tesla gets plenty of positive press too. The conspiracy theories that media is against Tesla are just ridiculous.
  • Its just the use of the word "Exploded" in the Headline when they clearly say it caught fire after hitting the manhole. They guy drove it after hitting the manhole, parked, got out, saw flames, called the fire department, the parking folks even used a fire extinguisher on it. The car burned pretty good but no explosion occurred. I guess inserting a manhole cover into the battery is a bad thing. Who knew???
  • Well now exploded is a multi use term.... if battery cells went flying then you could still say exploded.... 😀 'The Tesla hit a man hole cover and the battery pack fell apart' just doesn't have the same ring to it. haha
  • The fact that the particular individuals are even trying to insinuate that there has not been negative press about Tesla for 15 years is nothing but ironic quite frankly.

Its half a joke, and half serious.

Journalists will do anything for a click. And people click anything Tesla.

A bomb explodes just like how production numbers explode or my share values explode as well as a supernova explodes. Agree +1 @derotam
  • Um. M8B: While, as a general thing, I see your point. But: In the Automotive sections of any newspaper you care to name, you'll never, ever, see an article about a BEV unless that BEV manufacturer is a brand that heavily advertises in the paper.
    While there are very definitely honest journalists out there, there seems to be a set of journalists who really do seem to have it in for Tesla. One always remembers the worst items, of course, but the shining example of this was that idiot from the NY Times who claimed his MS ran out of charge and he had to limp all over the place. When challenged, he claimed he was driving it normally and straight to and from his destination. And _that_ was when he (and a decent section of the world) discovered that, by default, Tesla tracks the movements of its car, and Tesla published what the guy had actually been doing - like putting a 100 miles on the car driving all over Manhattan before taking off for his destination.
    Something similar happened with an earlier version of Top Gear where the three original hosts for the show purposely filmed scenes where they were pushing the car around by hand, claiming that it had run out of charge. When it hadn't. And, in good old disparagement-sueball England, they got sued by Tesla. At which point, to a fair amount of surprise on both sides of the pond, they got out from under by claiming that they were "entertainers", not reporters. Ayup.
    Worse, in my mind, are the class of so-called journalists to whom a press release simply gets copied and published, without any further ado. You know, the "publish the controversy" types who make zero value judgements on what passes through them. It's idiots like these that gave us Trump. And, unfortunately, when there are organizations like TeslaQ, funded by short sellers, who send out multiple press releases to news organizations that are either somewhat neutral or, because of No Advertising Money, somewhat hostile (see: CNBC), and those so-called news organizations just parrot TeslaQ.. It's no surprise that, back in the 2016-2019 time frame, any mention of Tesla to people I know came up with an instant reaction of, "Those are the cars that catch on fire, right? And they're all fraudsters, right?" because, well, that's what these people were seeing on the daily news.
    And then, of course, there's the shorts. The better shorts actually do go after fraudulent companies and Do Some Good before the fraudulent types get away with it: MCI, Enron, Nikolai. The bad guys are pump-and-dump types: Buy stock, put out false information, wait for the stock to drop, cash in, and disappear. In principle, the SEC is supposed to go after these types. In practice, let a CEO let slip a hint of a false word and the SEC is all over the CEO; and they _never_ go after the fraudulent shorties. Maybe now that Biden's in, they'll be more even handed in this, but I wouldn't hold my breath: The SEC has been under regulatory capture by Wall Street for some time now. (See: Bernie Madoff. Do you know how many times the SEC was warned about Bernie, for years, before they took action?)
    So, yeah, there are honest journalists. And honest short sellers. We don't hear much about either of them, because they're kind of telling the truth. It's the whacko ones that attract the eye, because humans don't like cheaters.
  • edited January 21
    > @andy_connor_e said: > The fact that the particular individuals are even trying to insinuate that there has not been negative press about Tesla for 15 years is nothing but ironic quite frankly."

Especially since media is so positive on Tesla 99% of the time. Fair to say Tesla gets millions in free advertising from the media.

Quoting FoxNews/Trumper owned NY Post as example is like quoting shopping line gossip sheets.
  • the only thing true about that statement is the 99%. Meaning what you said is 99% false.

The 1% truth is that Tesla gets free advertising.
  • Mainstream media distortion of Tesla is not a new thing.
  • ^ that was my joke. nothing new about this.
  • Yes, media favors people that pay them money for advertising and elephants in rooms are obvious as well. The fact remains, no matter what, media will sensationalize on anything to sell more copy. I see plenty of positive media on Tesla as well despite Tesla spending no money on them.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @andy_connor_e said: > the only thing true about that statement is the 99%."
    >
    > Tesla fanbois and media are identical to Trumpers and media. They blame media for factual reporting as a cover for product issues.

Ah I see 'daytime' Fish is back...a little bit easier to read than 'nighttime' Fish.
  • I think TronGuy is right but TLDNR.

More than ever the explanation is really simple: Clickbait. Journalism is dead, get used to clickbait.

Kind of off topic but not, Obsolete Professions:

Candlemaker
    Blacksmith
    Milkman
    Iceman
    Switchboard operator
    Lamplighter
    Typesetter
    Elevator operator
    Pinsetter
    Watchmaker/Clockmaker
    Cooper
    Whaler
    Journalist
  • My brother in law is a horologist and makes a good living at his clock shop. People still like and collect clocks.
  • > @calvin940 said: > Mainstream media distortion of Tesla is not a new thing.”

Probably no “new” media’s against me conspiracy theories so you are right in that the Tesla media’s against me conspiracy theory is not new.
  • the narrative shifted when it became unpopular to demonstrably misrepresent one of the greatest american success stories in history. especially when they are kicking ass, you just make yourself look like a total fool. Like Gordon Johnson.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Tesla fanbois and Trumpers always blame "the media".

Hey FISHEV, you don't like Trump? Strange, I thought you have something in common with him.
  • > @billstanton said:
    > I think TronGuy is right but TLDNR.
    >
    > More than ever the explanation is really simple: Clickbait. Journalism is dead, get used to clickbait.
    >
    > Kind of off topic but not, Obsolete Professions:
    >
    > Candlemaker
    > Blacksmith
    > Milkman
    > Iceman
    > Switchboard operator
    > Lamplighter
    > Typesetter
    > Elevator operator
    > Pinsetter
    > Watchmaker/Clockmaker
    > Cooper
    > Whaler
    > Journalist

You forgot the new jobs category
    Paid Online FUDster
  • > @hgmichna said:
    > > @FISHEV said:
    > > Tesla fanbois and Trumpers always blame "the media".
    >
    > Hey FISHEV, you don't like Trump? Strange, I thought you have something in common with him.

He is a Trump in disguise.