General

KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE: Dead As Disco

The continent-spanning death funnel and longtime Republican fetish object is as dead as DISCO. It threatens no aquifers. It will no longer take land from farmers who don't want to give it. It will not carry the world's most destructive and wasteful foreign fuel from the environmental hellspout of northern Alberta through the spine of the United States down to the refineries of the Gulf coast, and thence to the world. The foreign-made pipes will remain rusting in a field in South Dakota. The pipeline will not leak because it will not be built, which is the only way you can be sure the pipeline won't leak, because pipelines leak and the companies that own them lie about it.

The executive order re-established the Clean Air Plan, and restored sections of the public lands that the last guy had peddled to developers and the extraction industries. The Arctic was rescued from a future as an environmental dead zone.

But it's the death of the pipeline that means the most to this shebeen. It's a triumph for the redoubtable Jane Fleming Kleeb, Democratic chairperson of the Nebraska Democrats, and the remarkable coalition of cowboys and Native Americans that has fought this project for over a decade. It's a win for people like rancher Randy Thompson, and for keepers of the conscience like the late Frank LaMere. It's impossible to believe that TransCanada, the land-stealing energy behemoth that proposed the project, will wait out four years and hope for another Republican president in 2024.

THIS FUCKER IS DEAD.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a35280029/joe-biden-block-keystone-xl-pipeline/
«13456756

Comments

  • @SamO, we've seen enough zombie movies to know that even the dead can rise again.

    This is the problem with Executive Orders - it can cause a see-saw effect as Administrations change, which impairs the ability to rely on the law. And that uncertainty is anathema to the legal principles of ex post facto and statutes of limitations.
  • That is some better executive order than banning people from Muslim country to travel to America
  • > @declanevan_933130515 said:
    > That is some better executive order than banning people from Muslim country to travel to America

    Absolutely! I'm in agreement with Biden's re-doing what Trump disassembled. But the next Junior Fuhrer will just undo what Biden accomplishes, more out of spite than reason.
  • Disco is not dead, just gone undercover awaiting a more enlightened generation,
    Remember the Boogie Wonderland is the place for happy feet
  • So stayn’ alive is not a thing then?
  • There may be a time that the tar sands of Alberta are extracted and used, however, it is unlikely that we will waste them by burning them up since it cost $60 a barrel to get them out of their current location all other reserves will be burned distractive and otherwise disposed of prior to these horrifying planet killers.

    I’m not sure what the objection to executive action is other than I would prefer a regular order in Congress that would ban all fossil fuels or in the alternative set a reasonable carbon tax which will account for the use says partial combustion and damages caused to the commons.
  • > @SamO said:
    > There may be a time that the tar sands of Alberta are extracted and used, however, it is unlikely that we will waste them by burning them up since it cost $60 a barrel to get them out of their current location all other reserves will be burned distractive and otherwise disposed of prior to these horrifying planet killers.
    >
    > I’m not sure what the objection to executive action is other than I would prefer a regular order in Congress that would ban all fossil fuels or in the alternative set a reasonable carbon tax which will account for the use says partial combustion and damages caused to the commons.

    And provide certainty for stakeholders that things will likely not go 180 on a whim of one person.
  • SamO, it may be dead now but when a republican takes office again, it will surely be born again......
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > SamO, it may be dead now but when a republican takes office again, it will surely be born again......

    Just imagine the Kickbacks involved

    It’s about NOTHING else

    Imho
  • how dare you.

    disco is not dead
  • Tar sands are an environmental extraction disaster and a carbon dioxyde disaster and an economical disaster.

    Keystone XL was just the cream of the crop of disasters.

    It’s like the boxing bout between Floyd Money Mayweather vs Logan Paul, It should haver never happened.
  • Exxon used to be the most valuable company in the world ... now... not so much.

    Tesla is going to be the most valuable company ever imagined, on the back of transitioning the world to sustainable energy.

    #DriveFree
  • API is the mouthpiece for the oil industry and a bigger joke than welfare Mitch.

    Here’s what I think of you and them ...lulz

    https://twitter.com/people4bernie/status/1352470017787486211?s=21
  • MitchP85D, The price of oil has absolutely nothing to do with our oil production capabilities, despite what you may think. Right this instant if Saudi Arabi announced that they are stopping production, the price of oil and gas would double before I got to the end of this sentence.

    Also despite what the outgoing President says/said, we as a country are not oil independent. If that were the case, then why are we still importing mass amounts of oil from Canada, Iraq, Saudi, Mexico and Venezuela? These are the top 5 countries we import billions of gallons of oil from, every day. This is not my opinion or learned from some guy on FB. That is according to the Dept. of Energy. The reason we HAVE TO still import mass amounts of oil is because not all oil is suitable for gasoline production and that is the case with the oil that we do extract from our own land.

    So until our gasoline needs get down to where it can be covered by the amount of the suitable crude oil that we do have, we will continue to import oil. Even when that point is reached, the oil companies will continue to charge more for gas because they will simply shrug their shoulders and say what they always say, "oil is a global commodity, so the price of oil (hence the price of gas) is based on the going rate out on the global market".
  • Like us...but not us...fuel prices are what they are. I drive an EV and don’t care about gas prices.

    Oil extractors should be paying for their pollution...but they are not. A Carbon tax is the only way fossil fuels are accurately priced.

    I notice the usual suspects refuse to pay for what they burn...typical welfare queen mentality.
  • > @SamO said:
    > Like us...but not us...fuel prices are what they are. I drive an EV and don’t care about gas prices.
    >
    > Oil extractors should be paying for their pollution...but they are not. A Carbon tax is the only way fossil fuels are accurately priced.
    >
    > I notice the usual suspects refuse to pay for what they burn...typical welfare queen mentality.

    Lol But everything you use in daily life gets to by Diesel or gas transportation. Good luck paying higher money for almost everything.
  • Gets to you by*
  • Good luck with a lack of habitable planet and polluters doing whatever they want to the commons.

    Fucking idiot. SMH
  • > @SamO said:
    > Good luck with a lack of habitable planet and polluters doing whatever they want to the commons.
    >
    > Fucking idiot. SMH

    Bro, I am with you to switching to Planet friendly technology. But handful of people and limited tech as we speak not enough at this time.
Sign In or Register to comment.