General

Getting my vaccine tomorrow

The day I have been waiting for since the pandemic. Finally beating the odds and reducing the risk of severe symptoms. I don’t know if it is a bigger day than when I received my first Model 3.

Hope everyone gets vaccinated fast and stay healthy!

Comments

• Save some for us.
  • Make sure to still wear the mask. The vaccine just reduces your symptoms. You can get it again and you are still a carrier.
  • Are you not worried about getting microchipped? 😅
  • If they put a microchip in me I'll turn on a strong magnet to wipe it out🍀🔋.
  • If they put a microchip in me that might be the smartest part of me! :)
    Sad. :(
  • I already have billions of microchips in my pocket, on a device I carry around to read these forums; what’s one more?
  • edited January 22
    > @Calidude said: > Make sure to still wear the mask. The vaccine just reduces your symptoms. You can get it again and you are still a carrier. "

Wrong on every point.

1. 1st dose provides 50% level of immunity after two weeks. More than "reducing symptoms" which it also provides.

2. No you can't catch it again except under very unique conditions. 0.000001%

3. Unknown if those with immunity can be carriers. Likely no but unknown.
  • Those of us who have had the vaccine still wear masks as there is no way to know who has been vaccinated or not and, as health care providers, it's our job to model good behavior.

Still wear masks, wash hands, use sanitizer, keep greater social distance. I think these are things that will have some staying power. People won't be embarrassed to wear masks when they are sick.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Still wear masks, wash hands, use sanitizer, keep greater social distance. I think these are things that will have some staying power. People won't be embarrassed to wear masks when they are sick.

If only people wouldn't consider reasonable measures to be onerous oppression by the big bad gubmint. If only people gave a shit about others instead of their "freedom" being impinged by piece of cloth.

SMH.
  • Don't most stores require you to wear masks? I'm in FL where their isnt a mandate but all stores have signs saying they are required.
    Yelled at some coworkers who came in that had been working from home yesterday. They didn't think they had to wear them walking around the building when no one else was around. Told them company states that have to be worn at all times unless alone in an enclosed office with door closed.