Model 3

Best Insurance Providers for Tesla's

Hello,

I recently have had to get my Model 3's windshield replaced and dealing with my insurance (Liberty Mutual) has been an absolute nightmare. They have been arguing with the Tesla approved dealership for 2 weeks now and the new glass hasn't even been ordered.

Due to this I will be switching providers soon. Can anybody recommend an insurance provider that understands the technology in a Tesla requires special care and wouldn't hold up a windshield replacement for 2 weeks?

Kind regards,
qqqdog

Comments

• There is no one simple answer. It is going to vary based on where you live.
  • Liberty is trying to cut costs to pay for that emu in their commercials.

I would stay away from any insurance company that spends millions upon millions of dollars to get you to believe that they can save you money by charging you less.....
  • How has the Tesla insurance been for the community?

I have been insuring my cars with Amica for 15 years but when we purchased the Model 3 Amica had a higher premium and the coverage seemed better insuring through Tesla wrt FSD, when available.
  • Amica is the best insurance I've ever dealt with, both Auto and Home.
  • I use Costco Insurance. It’s American Family (through Costco). It’s great. My model 3 was 430 for 6 months. I just sold it for a Model Y and it’s less than 400 for 6 months. Every claim we’ve had has gone through great.
  • Been using State Farm in NJ. There was a windshield vs. a rock tossed up by a dump truck incident in early 2019; the windshield lost. We called the insurance company and they suggested Autolite, their preferred vendor. Turned out that, at that time, Autolite (a) didn't have people trained to handle the cameras and (b) couldn't order the windshields, anyway.
    Autolite did have one of their chip repair mobile guys come by right off, but regretfully told us that the chip was too close to the edge of the windshield for repair. Which was good to know.
    So, had it done at Tesla. We paid Tesla, State Farm paid us, minus the deductible, with no hassle.
  • > @info4johng_98656620 said:
    > How has the Tesla insurance been for the community?
    >
    > I have been insuring my cars with Amica for 15 years but when we purchased the Model 3 Amica had a higher premium and the coverage seemed better insuring through Tesla wrt FSD, when available.

Been using it since 2019 without a problem... Not sure if having FSD on my car plays a role (probably not), but it was cheaper than my previous insurance at Farmers for the same coverage so I made the jump...
  • USAA gave me the best rate. You have to have served in the military or be a dependent of someone who served in the military to qualify for USAA. great customer service. Great company in general.
  • I can't read this thread without hearing every insurance company ad in my head. If I hear Liberty Liberty Liberty one more time I will lose it.
  • I use MetLife. They only work with Safelite directly but I just had Tesla replace the windshield and they reimbursed me afterwards. It was easy.
  • The state in which you live is also a big factor in insurance costs and coverage. In Massachusetts, windshield replacement coverage is included in all policies, and replacement is fully covered. Over the years, I've had two windshields replaced. One because it was cracked, and the other because it was incredibly pitted after 118,000 miles. I insure my Model 3 with MAPFRE. The monthly insurance premium on my new Model 3 is $92 a month. It is within pennies of what I used to pay for the same coverage on a Volvo S60. I have no idea how that compares to other states, but the key take away for me is that I'm not paying anymore to have my M3 covered, and in the past I have NEVER had an issue with MAPFRE when it came to repairs.
  • USAA gave me a very good rate, but after a year raised it by about 15%. When I inquired why the rate went up so much in a single jump they stated the first year was a "new car discount". Even after the increase in the rate it's still a good rate.
  • So as noted above, right on que everyone pipes in about their insurance company. Not every insurance company does business in every state. USAA is available to a relative few people, so it is pointless to tout how great they are. It's like boasting to someone living in Nebraska how great your choice of salt water fishing gear is.......

I too have USAA (retired Air Force), but that's all I can say because anything else is useless to someone that can't get it.

OP, it would help us to know where you live. This way, people that are from your state can chime in on who they have because again, not all insurance companies can sell insurance in all states.