In December of 2020, I paid to have my MCU1 upgraded to the MCU2. My unit was part of the "recall", but I believed the smart money was to upgrade for the additional features and faster LTE. I also paid the $500 to have analog AM/FM. The good: system is 10x faster than MCU1
However...there is bad too.
1. Caraoke has NEVER worked. I actually showed the service manager at time of pickup.
2. More than a few times, the system will be playing one thing, but showing something completely different on screen AND selecting other streaming stations doesn't change what is playing.
3. Today, I received a message from Tesla stating the following; "Good morning Christopher, this is Tesla service. We have reviewed this concern and have found that is a current characteristic of the firmware. There is no known root cause at this time. Engineering is aware of the issue and it is under investigation. The issue will be resolved in a future firmware release. Moving forward we will close out your service visit request as there is no firmware fix available at this point in time. Thanks and have a great day!"
4. Today, I read that Tesla slashed the price of the upgrade by $1,000! I am seeking a refund as it has been less than 30 days!
1. Has anyone else upgraded their MCU and experienced the same issues?
2. Has anyone successfully managed to get a refund after the price decrease?