General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Actual Range and Cost to Charge on a Model X Long Range Plus

I purchased a new Tesla Model X Long Range Plus, claimimg an estimated range of 597kms, in Dec 2020. Prior to purchasing the car I tried to find out what kind of range people were getting practically with their cars - no success.

So here it is: 97.3kms with an estimated 60kms left at charging on an 80% charge (504kms estimated).

This is in the winter (Ontario). The average daily temperature ranged from -7 degrees C (lows) to 6 degrees C (highs) - note: this is pretty mild for the end of January here. I do not drive aggressively. I try to be conservative with the heating and features I have active in the car. This is all city driving - I drive to and from work (approx. 10kms round trip). I cannot plug the car in at home or work.

I've had the car for 5 weeks. I've charged it 5 times to the tune of $118.05 plus $10.50 in parking fees. It's been driven a total of 685kms to date according to my app.

Comments

• > @mmoss said: the car for 5 weeks. I've charged it 5 times to the tune of $118.05 plus $10.50 in parking fees. It's been driven a total of 685kms to date according to my app. "

Only having to charge once a week in those cold conditions via public charging is pretty good. I have to charge daily but that's on long commutes (100+ round trip) in 30-50F temps.

Looks like you are averaging a 16% cold weather deration which is also good in those cold temps.

You might like TeslaFI.com as it expands on the charging info.

8:57 AM - 9:34 AM
    36 Minutes
    Battery Icon 48%
    44% - 92%
    Used: 35.83 kWh
    Added: 35.4 kWh
    Efficiency 98.8%
    Avg Voltage: 394.97V
    Max Voltage: - 402.00V
    Avg Amps: 144.49A
    Max Amps: 248.68A
    Charge Cost $ 9.91