Model 3

FSD Upgrade for May 2019 Model 3 purchase

Hey guys,

Purchased Model 3 in May 2019 with FSD capability package. Trying to sort of whether I need a physical hardware update/retrofit in the car to enjoy full features of FSD. According to the my car vehicle info. my Autopilot computer is: Full self driving computer. Do I still need to to have them mobile service it/go to the dealer to upgrade the computer? Or will I just be getting over the wire updates? I can still smart summon it and use the "come to me" feature.

Thank you guys for your help and time. Have a great weekend.
Ash

Comments

• FSD computer = the new Hardware 3. You have it.
    Have you also paid for the fsd software option? You need that SW in addition to the fsd HW to enjoy the features
  • I bought one of the last April 2019 M3's that had HW 2.5.

May of 2019 & forward, HW 3 is/was installed in all Teslas.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > FSD computer = the new Hardware 3. You have it.
    > Have you also paid for the fsd software option? You need that SW in addition to the fsd HW to enjoy the features

Hey @M3phan. Thank you for the response. I did pay for the FSD capability when I purchased the car...I think it was like 5k back then.

> @jjgunn said:
    > I bought one of the last April 2019 M3's that had HW 2.5.
    >
    > May of 2019 & forward, HW 3 is/was installed in all Teslas.

Thank you @jjgunn for the information.
  • Cool. You have all you need for access to the current fsd features. And OTA SW updates will bring more fsd features to you without needing anything other than good WiFi to download it.
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ