General

Better control over scheduled charge vs scheduled departure?

Hello,

We've got time-of-use power from our utility, so night time charging is a must. And we sometimes do trips that start out early, so scheduled departure is great. With working from home being the norm there's not much need to have the car ready to go most days, just the days where we are going for a trip. On those days I want the battery at 100%. On other days I want the battery at 80 or 90%. And no matter what, when I come back home from a long trip with the battery below 40% I always want to charge up to 40% right away.

We can almost do this with the controls Tesla provides in the car, but it's kind of a pain (and buggy too). The capability to switch this around in the app isn't there, despite rumors that it might be coming.

So I'm wondering... is there an app I can use that will provide this kind of control to me?

Thanks

Comments

• I've got TOU charging also in Colorado. It's so far -impossible- to navigate to a scheduled charging time frame. It was available before 48.35.5. Please bring back that functionality.
  • @lessrandom - you can change the charging percentage in the Tesla app under “charging.” Or are you looking for something else?

@squidt4_98584565 - Not 100% sure what you are looking for, but the “start charging” at a specific time is still there. Look at the mice type below the big “Schedule” button and click there.
  • > @squidt4_98584565 said:
    > I've got TOU charging also in Colorado. It's so far -impossible- to navigate to a scheduled charging time frame. It was available before 48.35.5. Please bring back that functionality.

Scheduled charging functionality was not reduced. It was expanded. Everything you could do before, you can still do. And then some, which you couldn't do before.