General

Ford Mustang EV showing off PlugNCharge.

Watch Ford Mustang Mach-E Demonstrate Its Plug&Charge Technology

https://insideevs.com/news/460304/ford-mustang-mach-e-plugcharge/

Comments

• It gives Ford a leg up as the EA chargers go to 350kW while Musk say Tesla will stop at 250kW.
  • edited January 25
    The charging station could "go to" a gigawatt and it wouldn't make a difference for Ford's EV which accepts 150kW max.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:> The charging station could "go to" a gigawatt and it wouldn't make a difference for Ford's EV which accepts 150kW max.”

But it is setup for CCS plug and play with potential for 350kW while Musk says 250kW is Tesla’s limit.
  • Well, I guess like other FISHEV posts you could somehow override the manufacturer's design and pump 1000v and 350 kW and watch the car literally blow up.

Depending on the model, MachE is limited to 115 kW or 150 kW on the awful CCS system. You can't safely push more into a car than it's designed for. And plug & play only works at some select places. From other MachE owners, it's far more plug-and-pray today as many CCS stations have problems.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:> Depending on the model, MachE is limited to 115 kW or 150 kW.

Current models just as Tesla S and X can charge as fast as newer Model 3’s.

But Ford is setup with CCS and can design for 350kW while Tesla is going to stay limited to 250kW.
  • Is this a new Fish? Seems to be more retarded.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Watch Ford Mustang Mach-E Demonstrate Its Plug&Charge Technology
    >
    > https://insideevs.com/news/460304/ford-mustang-mach-e-plugcharge/

Sounds like something that would be more appropriate for you to post on the Mach E forum. So why did they ban you over at the Mach E forum? Different narratives for different forums?
  • OOOOH how fancy and high tech. /s
  • "Tesla is going to stay limited to 250kW." -Fish

Cite your source.
  • Funny he decided to share this great news on Tesla forum and not MOME forum.
  • I'm pointing out they didn't design the MachE for 350 kW and the MachE you buy today will never support 350 kW charging. I could say the Tesla can charge at 500 kW with a V4 Supercharger. I have no idea if Tesla will have a v4 Supercharger, but it's as accurate as your made-up statement. It is best to say with reality than constantly making crap up.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: > I'm pointing out they didn't design the MachE for 350 kW"

Not the current MachE but the point is EA can supply it and Ford, VW et all can design for it just as Tesla did for its lower 250kW.
  • Is there a car that can prove EA's 350kW claim? Not 277kW...350kW.
  • > @derotam said: > Is there a car that can prove EA's 350kW claim?”

You would not need a car, just some kind of load bank and connector to make the charger give its all.

The Porsche has the 800V architecture to do 277kW now. I believe both Porsche and Tesla had stated that 350kW was possible with the 800V architecture and in the EU there are a lot of Ionity and other public chargers built out for 350kW just like EA’s in the US.
  • So no, the answer is no, there are no cars that can prove EA's 350kW claim. Got it.
  • > @derotam said: > So no, the answer is no, there are no cars that can prove EA's 350kW claim. Got it.”

Happy to help out with the technical questions.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @derotam said: > So no, the answer is no, there are no cars that can prove EA's 350kW claim. Got it.”
    >
    > Happy to help out with the technical questions.
    >
    >

HAHAHAHAHAHA, now THAT is HILARIOUS.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @derotam said: > So no, the answer is no, there are no cars that can prove EA's 350kW claim. Got it.”
    >
    > Happy to help out with the technical questions.
    >
    >
    You still have answered the question as to why you can’t post this information on the Mach E forum
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: You still have answered the question as to why you can’t post this information on the Mach E forum.”

That’s where I got it from.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: You still have answered the question as to why you can’t post this information on the Mach E forum.”
    >
    > That’s where I got it from.
    >
    >

So why can’t you post your thoughts on the Mach E forum since you think the car is so great?
  • What I love is this direct quote from the article Fishy linked to:
    “Tesla vehicles never had this problem because the Supercharger network has always worked like Plug&Charge.“

So, the Mach E has caught up with where Tesla was in, what, 2012? Another quote from the article is apropos here:
    “ Now, other EV owners will soon have the ability to just pull up and plug in. However, it's not going to happen overnight.”

And, at 150 kw, the Mach E has the charging capability of a Model S from that period also.

Someday they’ll catch up. More power to them.
  • > @Frank99 said:
    > More power to them.

Badum-ch
  • I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.