Model 3

Brake vs. Break

Should there be a test about knowing the difference before being allowed to purchase? 🧐

Comments

• There should be a number of tests before being allowed to purchase.
  • I have seen the word 'break', for stopping, used so often in the last month or so.
  • one slows the car. the other destroys the car
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > I have seen the word 'break', for stopping, used so often in the last month or so.

Makes you wonder if it is one person and their sock accounts...
  • > @bpr1de said:> Should there be a test about knowing the difference before being allowed to purchase?”

There is an internet ban on pedantic posts like this. It’s in the forum rules.
  • I now have no doubt it is Joshan. Seems a sore point was struck! LOL
  • Tesla are responsible for a lot of broken phantoms and ghosts, that's for sure.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @bpr1de said:> Should there be a test about knowing the difference before being allowed to purchase?”
    >
    > There is an internet ban on pedantic posts like this. It’s in the forum rules.
    >
    >

Fish is absolutely compelled to disagree with every opinion posted by tesla fans. I could care less about this topic but have never seen him agree with ANY TESLA FAN. That goes for howard too.
  • > @Spuzzz said:
    > Fish is absolutely compelled to disagree with every opinion posted by tesla fans. I could care less about this topic but have never seen him agree with ANY TESLA FAN. That goes for howard too.

No kidding. Because outright disagreement and absurdity produces more follow-up comments.
  • I remember when, in the Navy, I took this sort of remedial high school class aimed at people used to painting everything that didn't move for multiple years but who were now planning to go to college.
    First thing the instructor did was put up on the blackboard the words, "their they're there theirs there're", and I may have forgotten a couple. He then turned around and asked, "Are there any of you here who _don't_ know the difference between all these?".
    About 3/4 of the class raised their hands. And then we got to work.
    Conclusion: people who don't actually work with writing for a living lose track with homophones.
    The language I learned to love in college was the one that was almost totally phonetic: Russian. It's kind of cool, in a weird way: If one sees five or six consonants in a row, just pronounce them all, one at a time, and one will be close to the correct pronunciation. The Russians, for all their intolerance, actually did the equivalent of the Inuit in Siberia a favor: They gave them their alphabet. Again, the Russian alphabet is phonetic, so the equivalent of several tribal nations instantly got a written language. Fun.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > There is an internet ban on pedantic posts like this. It’s in the forum rules.

The hypocrisy is so extraordinary coming from you that I’ll assume it’s tongue in cheek. 😂
  • How long does it take to break in the brakes?
  • You’re telling me your brakes broke before the break-in period? They’re not supposed to do that in their first few months. There must be an explanation.
  • If you loose you're brake feel after the break-in period, make sure the pedal is not lose.
  • > @TUMS4GAS said:
    > If you loose you're brake feel after the break-in period, make sure the pedal is not lose.

At least you know it is a pedal, not a peddle. 🙄😉
  • Put the peddle two the medal, but don’t ride the breaks, otherwise youll loose traction, to.
  • Traction? I could care less about it.
  • > @TUMS4GAS said:
    > Traction? I could care less about it.

I couldn’t care less what you could care less 😂
  • Tanya, lost your mind?
  • > @FunnyFish said:
    > Tanya, lost your mind?

No, but you seem to have lost your access to the forums via original accounts. Was it name calling or stalking?
  • Tanya, seeing as _you_ were the one playing stalking games back in 2019, that's a pretty good load out of _your_ mouth. What, trying for seconds?