Model S

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla fails to detect that I have opened the door.

My problem repeats itself from time to time.
Everything has been going well for many weeks now.
Came again.
The problem is that my car sometimes fails to detect that I have opened the door and got out of it. The open door is not shown on the display.
Then even when I move away, the air conditioning, lights, radio are still on, the car just thinks I'm inside.

Reset doesn't help.

Are there any solutions?

Comments

• edited January 26
    My guess is there is a problem with the switch that detects your presence in the driver's seat or the software isn't processing the signal properly from the switch when you get out of the car, although a reboot should fix that. That still doesn't explain why it doesn't see your open door. Something a service center should take a look at.
  • > @stevenmaifert_12203 said:
    > there is a problem with the switch that detects your presence in the driver's seat...
    thanks for replay,
    Where can I find that switch? I will take a look at driver's seat.

I guess I immediately saw on the display when the driver's door was open, even when I was in the car and I open the door.
    Now I don't see it.
  • I don’t think the seat sensor has anything to do with this. It sounds like the door sensor is faulty and needs to be serviced.

Is it only the driver’s door that isn’t detected?
  • Yes, only driver's door.
    I was looking in to the door but i can't recognize door sensor. Where can i find that?