Solar Roof

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

solar roof vs solar panels?

I'm just started looking installing solar on my house in Rhode Island any input thanks
I'm new Model Y owner love the car but charging at home my electric bill has gone up.

Comments

• I've got a solar roof and love it. Now the solar roof only makes sense if you need to replace your existing roof, otherwise, it's a lot more expensive than solar panels. A solar roof may also be more expensive than a bottom end asphalt roof. I was considering a high-end tile roof replacement, and the costs, without solar, was higher than the solar roof with two power walls. So there are a lot of variables.

I wrote up more about my installation with a short time-lapse video here:
    https://teslatap.com/articles/tesla-solar-roof-installation/
  • Solar panels & two power walls work like a charm here in N. Central Florida. Charging the X pulls ~ 8 kw, but it’s not a big deal when the sun is full on. Not to mention enjoying the electric bills cut in half or less. Oh, & the seamless transition when the power goes out: the microwave clock doesn’t even start blinking. Gotta love Tesla products.
  • Bump