General

Door handles

@elon musk
Pls add this feature that when you touch the door handles on Tesla model s it locks and if not possible plz reduce the seconds to lock the car of walk away door lock
Thanks

Comments

• There are 3 different handle designs. On the Model S, touching the handle pops the handles out and unlocks. On all cars, if you have the FOB (optional on 3/Y) you can tap the FOB to lock the doors at any distance within range.

There isn't a time-delay for walk away, but a sense of the signal disappearing. If you walk away faster it will lock faster.
  • @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > There are 3 different handle designs. On the Model S, touching the handle pops the handles out and unlocks. On all cars, if you have the FOB (optional on 3/Y) you can tap the FOB to lock the doors at any distance within range.
    >
    > There isn't a time-delay for walk away, but a sense of the signal disappearing. If you walk away faster it will lock faster.

There is Tesla customer service told me of 20 secs>
  • Dear GS12282006,
    You must be new around here. As a veteran Tesla owner, in invite you to take my advice: Believe TeslaTap.
    Some Tesla customer service folks are good, some aren't.
    I'm curious as too your concern.
    Why do you want it to lock faster?
  • Tesla customer service is not always right. What’s the problem with the current implementation?

PS: Elon doesn’t read these forums.