General

EV stocks for growth under Biden administration

Emission free vehicles built in US by Americans.
645000 Govt fleet off the ground running.

Comments

• Perhaps as far as Tesla is concerned, a car with less range would be the big seller.
  • Workhorse up 30% on the news released
  • its not guaranteed those government vehicles will be replaced by Tesla. theres a whole mess of automakers that are probably going to get another bailout.
  • Right. I think Tesla is less likely to benefit.
  • Well, let's see who else makes USA made EVs right now. Crickets
  • Will the police departments be getting Mustang SUVs to catch speeders instead of Camaros and Chargers?
    Fishy might need to wait if tbe government snaps them all up.
  • I believe it mentioned American made EV’s.
    That kinda narrows down the choices.
  • Yep, made in USA by US people.
    Now The Wall is great again, there won't be any Mexicans :)
  • It can't happen, says this article:

https://www.axios.com/biden-electric-vehicles-government-fleet-plan-423c41d5-01de-4278-8838-ad0c2345ffd6.html
  • Ross1,
    Thanks for the link, article sums it up well.
  • Remove the "by union workers" edict. The idea is to "buy American (gee, novel concept Joe!)" not "buy only union products."
  • Arcimoto (FUV), rising to its current share price of $24.77 from $5.75 just three months ago.
  • Most of the gov vehicles are trucks, so it will take time to get there.
  • Good thing Cybertruck is/will be the best TRUCK ever made and government will be saving tons of $ for every single Cybertruck they buy.

Production starts later this year so it will NOT take much time to get "there" but nice try jawboning Tesla.

There are simply no other American made electric trucks that will be available in volume to the USG.
  • Cybertrucks delivering mail... lol
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > Cybertrucks delivering mail... lol

Maybe you could point to something . . . anything that you've been right about.

We'll wait. . .
  • Well they'll have to switch to something to deliver the mail, Jeeps may not qualify even if they were EV's.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Well they'll have to switch to something to deliver the mail, Jeeps may not qualify even if they were EV's.

Model Y would work well . . . but they'd have to buy with Right hand drive for easy delivery and I think they are all made in Hong Kong.
  • It looks like the driver would need to be able to walk into the back storage area, and, easily step in and out of the vehicle.

No one is currently making, or, planning on making anything like that.

Elon? Are you listening?
  • > @SamO said:
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    > > Cybertrucks delivering mail... lol
    >
    > Maybe you could point to something . . . anything that you've been right about.
    >
    > We'll wait. . .
    >
    >

I have never claimed to be an oracle. I am just presenting a question here, not an answer. Think and provide a solution.
  • > @"yudansha™" said:

> I have never claimed to be an oracle. I am just presenting a question here, not an answer. Think and provide a solution.

I presented a solution. You dropped a turd in the thread, as usual, without any supporting evidence.

Another troll vanquished.

next.
  • > @SamO said:
    > > @"yudansha™" said:
    >
    > > I have never claimed to be an oracle. I am just presenting a question here, not an answer. Think and provide a solution.
    >
    > I presented a solution. You dropped a turd in the thread, as usual, without any supporting evidence.
    >
    > Another troll vanquished.
    >
    > next.

What is your solution? Cybertruck or Y for a mail delivery? As usual, full of nothing.
  • My solution is that you are an idiot and are henceforth placed on the "trolls who cannot answer logically" list.

Bless your heart.
  • > @SamO said:
    > My solution is that you are an idiot and are henceforth placed on the "trolls who cannot answer logically" list.
    >
    > Bless your heart.

Name calling is not only a sign of abusive personality, but also lack of intelligence. Next. lol
  • The mail truck replacement train left the station a long time ago. There are only three remaining companies bidding for the contract to replace the USPS trucks. Those include Workhorse, an Ohio-based startup which is the only company offering an all-electric option; Karsan, a Turkey-based company with a plug-in hybrid design for the truck, and Oshkosh, which is based in Wisconsin and has offered an internal-combustion-engined vehicle. If the Presidential guidance is followed, Oshkosh is out because they are only offering ICE, and Karsan is out because Biden said buy American. Looks like Workhorse will be the winner by default. We will know soon.