Cybertruck

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Model S Interior for Cybertruck?

I hope they do the interior closer to the new Model S than the Model 3 on the Cybertruck. Most notably, that it has a driver gauge cluster screen behind the wheel. That was one of the big reasons I dumped my 3 over the S and would be a reason preventing me from considering the Cybertruck. Hated just one screen.

Still have to determine if I can get past the exterior look, but it's grown on me a tiny bit. But, if the interior is more Model 3 than it is Model S, there's no chance.

Comments

• The inside of the Model S looks nice. Not certain if Tesla wants to put such a nice interior into the Cybertruck. Lets hope they do. The steering wheel of the Model S refresh looks a lot like the steering wheel in Cybertruck prototypes. If Musk can get permission for no side mirrors, the Cybertruck really will look a lot like the prototype. Next up, what will happen with windshield wipers? Also I'd like a larger rear screen, maybe as big as the front. Though either way having a rear screen will be nice.
  • I think the look of the refreshed Model S steering wheel will better fit the aesthetic look at the Cybertruck is going for so it may make the updated design cut. It may take some time to get used to as a driver. I have my reservation in for my dual motor with FSD and have been chomping at the bit for new information as well. The addition of the 17 inch horizontal screen seems to be a big hit within the refreshed models which may have been solidified by the Cybertruck interior visuals. Still many interesting possibilities about the other items (Side mirrors, Windshield Wipers, Etc....)
  • Since they try to make CyberTruck affordable I think there is slim chance of second screen. But I wouldn't mind heads up monitor instead.
  • > @FunnyFish said:
    > Since they try to make CyberTruck affordable I think there is slim chance of second screen. But I wouldn't mind heads up monitor instead.

I could live with just a heads up display if it also has navigation instructions like most of them do. But, Tesla seems to be "anit-Heads-Up" display for some reason.

After having owned a Moder 3, I can't tell you how much I appreciate having everything directly in front of me in the Model S, especially the Navigation instructions. Trying to view the center screen on tight canyon winding roads was a real pain with as far to the right as they are. Constantly missed streets.

Plus, hated giving up 1/3rd of the center screen to info that should be directly in front of the driver. For mass production vehicles, likely wouldn't cost Tesla more than $50 per car to add the second screen.
  • I'm actually curious about the comfort features more than anything heated front/rear seats, ventilated?! No more sweaty booty? Steering wheel warmer. Wireless charging features for the front and back would be slick.
  • Im sure the Model S represents the direction of the interior designs moving forward. Model 3 turned into the Model S refresh. Will probably be a bit different but expect that.
  • Tesla might be in trouble bc of making all the models looking same inside.
  • "Trouble", with who?
  • when it comes to interior CT does rub me wrong, I have heard the tesla seats are quite comfy ( the newer ones) I drove the x was not bad. but that steering wheel, no way I hate it. its not new or innovative or safe.
    dash sucks no warmth to it very clinical. I prefer a crappy plastic dash with cubby holes and such and a instrumentation in my face. ideally some sort of wood or billet accent against a dash wrapped in leather.
    the interior is crappy looking. cheap and clinical . Give me leather !

but after all that I think 0-60 in 2.9 10 sec quarter mid travel suspension 35" tires. raising ability, 500 mile range decent size bed and ya I ordered one !
  • @barefootbob - Have you been in the Cybertruck prototype? If not, that's a lot of hate for something you've never actually checked out. Photos are hard to evaluate materials and quality. I expect it will have the same high-quality materials as other Tesla vehicles.

Now Tesla styling is not for everyone. Those that like the 1960s styling that most other trucks still use may not be happy with Tesla's minimalist approach. There are plenty of slow, old-style ICE trucks to pick from, at least until 2035.

And as far as I can tell, the new S/X steering wheel (which presumably will show up in the Cybertruck) is actually safer than the generic round wheel. Here's a more detailed analysis I made on the new steering wheel on the S/X :
    https://teslatap.com/revolutionary-steering-wheel/
  • @barefoot bob is back!
    Been wondering lately what happened to you, where have you been.
  • It's amazing how on a forum that discusses cutting edge vehicles, people are still adamant about having features that in a few years will be absolutely obsolete. Can't wait to see people's reactions when there is NO STEERING WHEEL in a not-too-distant-future refresh.
  • > @azntesla said:
    > It's amazing how on a forum that discusses cutting edge vehicles, people are still adamant about having features that in a few years will be absolutely obsolete. Can't wait to see people's reactions when there is NO STEERING WHEEL in a not-too-distant-future refresh.

We are a LONG way away from cars being able to drive themselves without any driver input. After 6 years with AP, while I love the capability, it is still very far away from being able to handle driving duties on its own. The car, even 6 years in, still struggles with many simple tasks that if you're not paying attention, will result in an accident. Check out a post in the Model 3 forum from someone that learned the hard way.

Enhanced Summon is a cool feature, but is hideous if given a complex task. Constantly getting stuck not knowing what to do and shutting down instead. Leaving the drive to go running after the car to get it out of the way.

Not a knock on Tesla by any means. It's just a very hard thing to program a car to think of any and every possible surprise scenario that could come up. Scenarios that the human mind responds to in a fraction of a second. AP is incredible, when used within its capabilities. Those that expect it to do more are the ones that generally have problems with it.

For now, and at least the foreseeable future, cars still require drivers. Tesla needs to keep the cars "driver friendly" until AFTER level 5 autonomy has been achieved and released to the masses.

I hated the Model 3 because it was too far ahead of its time. Elon expected Level 5 to be ready and the M3 was designed with that in mind. Having driven a Model S, I couldn't stand the lack of simple features in the M3. For those that have never owned an MS, maybe not as big of a deal. But, I still want things to be simple and easy to use as a driver.
  • ^^
    I hated the Model 3 because it was too far ahead of its time. Elon expected Level 5 to be ready and the M3 was designed with that in mind. Having driven a Model S, I couldn't stand the lack of simple features in the M3. For those that have never owned an MS, maybe not as big of a deal. But, I still want things to be simple and easy to use as a driver.

What is going to happen now to all the M3 coming off lease, Tesla intended buying them out to operate as robotaxis. Pie in Sky.
  • My guess is Model 3s coming off lease that Tesla keeps will be sold through Tesla's used car sales. They should do well, as the Model 3 has one of the highest resale values of any car - ICE or EV. Tesla might also elect to offer a buyout option to leaseholders. Don't worry about Tesla, they have lots of options, even before the Robotaxi fleet gets going.