Cybertruck

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Crossed Fingers

Electrek: Tesla Cybertruck: Elon Musk warns they need to be ‘lucky’ for electric pickup to not be delayed.
https://electrek.co/2021/01/28/tesla-cybertruck-elon-musk-warns-lucky-electric-pickup-delay/

Comments

• Even if they don’t start this year, Elon is confident of volume production in 2022.

I’m about thirteen months out from production start, so still 2023 for me. A few months won’t make that much of a difference for me.
  • A delay of under 6 months won't bother me if they use the time to get it right. There have been a lot of fit and finish issues with other vehicles. Tesla seems to be working on these. If it comes out perfect every time, a 6 month wait will be annoying but worth it imo.
  • I agree. Early production usually has its problems. My tri-motor will most likely be my last vehicle purchase due to my age so I have zero issues waiting to 2023 or even 2024.
  • I need to get rid this diesel deathtrap asap. How are you figuring out the year you'll get it? With that reservation number calculator? I want to pick it up at the factory would that improve time at all?
  • It's Tesla. Any estimate they give, double it, and add two and you'll be pretty close. How long did the Model X take? Model 3? Model Y, they actually did pretty well on. But, Roadster and Semi were supposed to have been released long ago. Supposedly, the Semi is finally close. Small, but getting bigger, car company. Takes time, but usually worth the wait. Just can't plan your end of lease dates on Tesla's ETA. Estimated 2022 arrival means at least Mid-2023 for actual full production, not counting the few they might build by hand and release before then.
  • > @Whdame said:
    > I agree. Early production usually has its problems. My tri-motor will most likely be my last vehicle purchase due to my age so I have zero issues waiting to 2023 or even 2024.

me too let them work the kinks out just need it for 20 years. ill be retired in 9 years. so i can keep the mileage down. so 2023 / 2024 works for me as long as my ram holds together
  • I'd be ecstatic to get one of the first hundred or so tri-motors off the line but I don't think I'm far enough up in line for that to actually happen.

I am still crossing my fingers that they will choose to offer a regular cab long box at some point but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
  • Really don't want to wait until 2023, it's already been 18 months.
  • Lets not forget that many people will cancel orders. Also many of the preorders are from other countries. If you are in the U.S. and actually plan on buying one, I'm sure you will get one earlier than you think. Many people even ordered more than one on accident, etc. I think we will all be presently surprised.