Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Service invoice won't load

I had a service appointment a week or so ago for my ModelY. When I go to that appointment and click "view invoice", chrome opens briefly and then closes. Anyone else seeing this problem? It seems almost like chrome is killing the page as malicious.

Also, is there any other way to access service invoices?

Android 11, Chrome 88 in case that matters.

Comments

• Was this a Mobile Service or at a service center.

If it was at a service center, I highly recommend having them print up a copy of the invoice.
  • On my Android phone, the invoice downloaded as a PDF. It did not open right away. Instead, I needed to go into File Manager, then Download folder. It showed as "undefined.pdf."

While we are on this topic, I wish there was a web interface alternative to the Tesla app. Under Manage Your Vehicle, for example, it'd be nice to have a way to manage every aspect of the service appointment, including scheduling as well as viewing the invoice. At the moment, it seems that the customer experience is scattered across the app and the web interface.
  • > @hodori said:
    > While we are on this topic, I wish there was a web interface alternative to the Tesla app. Under Manage Your Vehicle, for example, it'd be nice to have a way to manage every aspect of the service appointment, including scheduling as well as viewing the invoice. At the moment, it seems that the customer experience is scattered across the app and the web interface.
    >
    >

100% agreed. Impossible to easily read the invoice on a phone due to PDF formatting. Asked Service person if the invoice was available in my Tesla Website Glovebox and he had no clue... Looked today and no, it doesn't appear. Seems silly the invoice wouldn't be in my "Glovebox" on the Tesla website which I would access with a computer with a nice big screen that can actually view the PDF properly.

Work around for me is to save PDF into OneDrive and then view from my computer screen.
  • I cant see my invoices either. It looks like the app is attempting to spawn a web browser, but nothing comes up. One appt was mobile, the other was in the shop. Neither works. And I whole-heartedly support a web interface.
  • > @jim_98593344 said:
    > I cant see my invoices either. It looks like the app is attempting to spawn a web browser, but nothing comes up. One appt was mobile, the other was in the shop. Neither works. And I whole-heartedly support a web interface.

The invoice downloads as a PDF, but the Tesla app either does not or fails to open it. You gotta go look for it manually in the download folder on your phone, using a file explorer.