Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Delivery date on Model S Refresh 2021

Has anyone else’s expected delivery date disappeared on their pre-ordered Model S 2021 refresh? Mine use to say “March 3 to March 31” but now that has disappeared and it doesn’t give me a date at all.

Comments

• Mine still says March 1 to March 31. I ordered a MS LR on January 29th.
  • Still March 1-30 for me. Usually a change is a good sign that things will happen soon.
  • Yes, I ordered mine in December and the same thing happen to me. It does say prepare for delivery, so I’m guessing sometime in March 2021
  • Where do you all live? I reconfirmed my order the day of refresh announcement. Still no delivery date for me :(
  • We ordered a MS LR in November. Our sales person should have reconfirmed order. We do not see a delivery date on our account.
  • Also we do not see the refreshed model image on our account page.
  • Ordered in Dec, my account still says "prepare for delivery". No idea since I've heard nothing from Tesla.
  • Ordered in Nov. Accepted the refresh and made interior color switch on Feb 9th. Still no delivery update.
    Maybe California customers and others got their dates due to proximity to factory. I live in MD
  • Mine quoted 2022.
    Australia, Plaid +
  • > @SleeplessInMD said:
    > Ordered in Nov. Accepted the refresh and made interior color switch on Feb 9th. Still no delivery update.
    > Maybe California customers and others got their dates due to proximity to factory. I live in MD

My SA stated that nobody in our area has a date listed yet but still expects end Feb to mid Mar for ours since it was a conversion from old style. He said that those on the daft coast will get theirs first as a beta type run.
  • Having gone through this multiple times in the last 8 years, Tesla employees do not know anything more than what we know. Having your service advisor tell you how things are going to happen is purely their guess. It seems reasonable, but is just a guess like everyone else's here.
  • > @SleeplessInMD said:
    > Ordered in Nov. Accepted the refresh and made interior color switch on Feb 9th. Still no delivery update.
    > Maybe California customers and others got their dates due to proximity to factory. I live in MD

I'm in CA and nothing, I haven't gotten the refresh to accept, ordered in Dec.
  • > @JAD said:
    > Having gone through this multiple times in the last 8 years, Tesla employees do not know anything more than what we know. Having your service advisor tell you how things are going to happen is purely their guess. It seems reasonable, but is just a guess like everyone else's here.

Do not pull back the curtain on it... Let me believe and have hope...
  • Plaid ordered on the 29th. Delivery date has remained March 1-31. I live in North Dakota and am picking up in Minnesota.
  • I placed an order on Feb 15 for a long range model and the delivery date is showing March 29-31. That's a pretty tight window, implying they know exactly when the car will be built and shipped. I live in MA.
  • History tells us, Tesla will attempt to get as many new cars delivered as possible by the end of Q1 (3/31/21)
  • Hi
    My delivery date as of 2/19/2021 showed March 1-31. Now it just shows March. No dates. I’m not sure what that means?
  • Addendum
    California long range S order placed feb 3
  • > @rmg007 said:
    > History tells us, Tesla will attempt to get as many new cars delivered as possible by the end of Q1 (3/31/21)

Yeah....I had an end of quarter delivery once....think I am going to wait until next quarter, or the one thereafter....
  • I wonder how many people will hold off because of the tax credit. Maybe me...or I could switch my 100$ deposit to the 1k and get the plus, ditch the fsd and white interior and boom I am there to the same price as a loaded plaid:), with the 7500.
  • Question - If legislation is passed that gives Tesla buyers the $7,000 EV credit, would that apply to buyers of a new car who already own a Tesla? If so wouldn’t such a buyer be wise to postpone their purchase of a new Tesla until the legislation is passed? Actually wouldn’t anyone planning to purchase a Tesla be wise to postpone purchasing a Tesla until this legislation is passed??
  • Current verbiage applies to cars subsequent to enactment. Not retroactive.
  • > @Allanf said:
    > Question - If legislation is passed that gives Tesla buyers the $7,000 EV credit, would that apply to buyers of a new car who already own a Tesla? If so wouldn’t such a buyer be wise to postpone their purchase of a new Tesla until the legislation is passed? Actually wouldn’t anyone planning to purchase a Tesla be wise to postpone purchasing a Tesla until this legislation is passed??

Perhaps, but (1) no guarantee the legislation will pass; (2) if it does, when will that be; and (3) some don't need the write-off deduction.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Current verbiage applies to cars subsequent to enactment. Not retroactive.

If I was a fence sitter, between plaid and plaid plus, I could cancel my Sept res for the Plaid Plus, and reorder plaid non plus, and also, get the car sooner.
  • Curious if anyone has gotten their delivery date / VIN yet. I originally placed an order for the performance Model S on Nov 30 and then re-placed for the LR on Jan 28. My account doesn't even show an estimated date anymore. It did say Feb 15 - Mar 15 after the re-order.