Model 3

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Stealth Price Drop

Model 3 prices down $1,000. If you hadnt already noticed.

Comments

• Looks to me like it went UP $1k.
  • At least the "P" went up $1k, it does look like the M3 SR+ and MY SR did decrease in price.
  • https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-tesla-cuts-prices-variants-055526072.html
  • The Stealth option is back?
  • Ohhhh the price drop was stealthy....got it. Man, got all excited for a second.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > The Stealth option is back?

Haha I fell for that too for a minute.
  • Performance model increased by $1000.
    Long Range model stayed at same price.
    Standard Range Plus model decreased by $1000.
  • I read this article regarding the price cuts. . . and raises:

https://www.engadget.com/tesla-cuts-entry-level-model-3-y-prices-151853489.html

It states:
    “ Tesla is determined to keep its sales strong, and it's using the time-honored tactic of price cuts to make sure that happens.
    . . . .
    The automaker hasn't explained its strategy and isn't expected to comment when it effectively dissolved its PR team. However, the strategy is fairly easy to see — Tesla wants deliveries to keep growing, and lowering the base prices of its most affordable cars could further that goal.”

I suspect that there’s too much demand for the Performance variants of the 3 and Y relative to the entry-level variants. It’ll be interesting to see how the price changes impact sales and profitability.
  • Battery cell shortage. They can sell more cars with smaller battery packs.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Battery cell shortage. They can sell more cars with smaller battery packs.

They should get that 150 km range Model Y out in Canada at that point do we qualify for the $5000 incentive.

And they save on 2/3 cells
  • every other automaker already fulfills the smaller range category
  • First time poster. Taking delivery of my very first EV (SR+) within a week. Could not figure out why my account showed I had overpaid by 1k. This would explain it. Glad to see I got the credit for price difference without even knowing or bringing it up to Tesla.
  • Welcome to the biggest show on Planet Earth.
  • We have the world best product, world worst contactability, world richest person, world most resilient fish, world best forward looking investment.
    Enjoy!
  • Earth has the best products in the world
  • @ dpete99, congratulations! Welcome to the family. Enjoy your new ride. Don’t worry, that perma smile is a well known side effect. No, it does not go away.
  • Please reduce acceleration boost !
  • > @M3phan said:
    > @ dpete99, congratulations! Welcome to the family. Enjoy your new ride. Don’t worry, that perma smile is a well known side effect. No, it does not go away.

Thanks for the well wishes! As I get closer to delivery date, can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a referral code for the free 1000 supercharger miles after the order but before delivery?
  • > @TeslaDriver316 said:
    > Please reduce acceleration boost !

Yes, reduce it! We don't want so much boost!
  • @dpete99, there is another thread (probably many) on this topic of using a referral code after the order and before delivery. Several people, myself included, have had experiences where Tesla said they "couldn't" put in a referral code after the fact. That is, of course, nonsense, but it does seem to be their standard procedure. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask; maybe your rep will do the right thing, but don't be surprised if they don't.
  • Hello people I am new to Tesla family. I ordered on Feb 15, yet to receive any updates. Anyone knows how long it would take to receive delivery?
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > > @TeslaDriver316 said:
    > > Please reduce acceleration boost !
    >
    > Yes, reduce it! We don't want so much boost!

Sorry I meant reduce the price, keep the speed =)

Maybe a holiday special sale