Model X

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Delivery of Model X

Hello. I have a question about the delivery of Model X 2020.
I've put the order on 27 November 2020 for a Model X Long Range configured as I would. The estimated delivery was Mid/End March 2021
In Feb 2021 the dealer in Italy call me to inform that my order won't be delivered due to stop of production for the new model, and that I can accept a new model or cancel it.
You can immagine my mood. At the end after a lot of discussion I've accept to buy a Model X Performance 7sits.
Now reading some posts it seam the Model X 2020 will be available with ETA in April. Is this true also for European Market? Tomorrow I have the appointment to take my Tesla but I have the impression they worked to sold all the model in stock before the new model comes out.
Any answer will ne appreciate.

Comments

• It sounds like you are purchasing an existing inventory vehicle which is before the 'refresh'.

The new or 'refreshed' Model X is not being built yet. According to the Tesla website if you ordered today, it would not be delivered until May-June (for the United States).

To answer your question, yes, I'm sure they would love to sell their existing inventory. If you would like to wait, the refreshed Long Range vehicle is about $10,000.00 more (US). From what I have read, they have been offering customers (like yourself) who had placed an order, but not received the vehicle a $2000.00 credit if they chose to upgrade to the refreshed version.

Hope that was helpful.
  • > @aTz said:
    > It sounds like you are purchasing an existing inventory vehicle which is before the 'refresh'.
    >
    > The new or 'refreshed' Model X is not being built yet. According to the Tesla website if you ordered today, it would not be delivered until May-June (for the United States).
    >
    > To answer your question, yes, I'm sure they would love to sell their existing inventory. If you would like to wait, the refreshed Long Range vehicle is about $10,000.00 more (US). From what I have read, they have been offering customers (like yourself) who had placed an order, but not received the vehicle a $2000.00 credit if they chose to upgrade to the refreshed version.
    >
    > Hope that was helpful.

Hello,
    My original PO was for a model not in stock (inventory) and not for the 'refreshed' version. They said me the delivery time was mid-end March 2021 that was not a problem for me.
    Yes they offer me a discount on new model but the ETA is September 2021, so I refuse it.
    What is strage for me is that Tesla stop the production of 2020 model before sent out all the open orders.
  • Seems you placed your order just before they shut down the production lines. Personally, I'd be happy that I was getting the newer model, but I can see why you'd be frustrated. There is a common theme of lack of communication and poor customer service from Tesla when reading these boards. I hope that's not my experience when I get my car.
  • They had to stop production before filling all orders or it would have been obvious there was an upgrade and demand would have cratered. It’s just how Tesla works. I waited two years for my S. I would’ve waited for the refresh to arrive to you in September. But, if you’re good with an older model, I would’ve bought a used 2020 or something so you aren’t paying full price. The Tesla “discount” is not a discount at all.