Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.
SR+ in 2 weeks. Or wait up to 3-4 months for AWD LR
So I have an order placed for an SR+ blue w/ white interior estimated delivery Mid March.
Deciding whether to do an order for an AWD LR instead and hope it comes in the next shipment. Website estimate is 8-12 weeks (how accurate is this?).
Couple of decisions to make
- Have a bit of range anxiety I do about a 160-mile trip 1-2 times a week to the coast. There are superchargers and destination chargers at one end but rather not have to charge till I get home.
- Weather and temp isn't really an issue for me because I live on the east coast of Australia where in winter the coldest it gets is around 10c or 50F that's probably less than a week a year. Usually 28+ or 79F all year and never snows.
- Audio, not a deal-breaker for me but still a consideration doing these road trips each week to the coast.
- Acceleration. Just fun factor, in saying that I've never owned a fast car before the fastest car I've probably driven is a 9 sec 0-100 SUV. Though have been a passenger in my mates M3 AWD before didn't get a full pull off in the city probably 0-35 and it was head back against seat quick for me.
- Price. Is worth the extra 20k AUD nearly 16k usd?
Super excited to get in one either way 😬.