Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

tire leaks

one of my tires is always 4-5 PSI lower than the other three tires. I would pump the tire back to 42 but a few days later that tire's pressure would drop back down. Is this something that I can take it back to Tesla' repair shop for service or I need to go to a tire shop ?

Comments

• Had the same issue when I first got my model 3. I took it back to Tesla to get it fixed. They said it was a puncture in the tire and repaired it for ~$100. However, this did not fix the issue. Basically had the same problem till I replaced my tires. The person at the tire shop told me that it was likely the seal around the tire pressure sensor was leaking. Since the tires were replaced, I have not had the problem. It may be easier to take it to a tire shop and have them check both the tread and the tire pressure sensor for leaks.
  • > @chun8143 said:
    > one of my tires is always 4-5 PSI lower than the other three tires. I would pump the tire back to 42 but a few days later that tire's pressure would drop back down. Is this something that I can take it back to Tesla' repair shop for service or I need to go to a tire shop ?

if you got the tires from a tire shop then they are responsible. if they are the original tires then tesla is responsible. likely a mounting deficiency..........once they get leaky its hard to fix. will likely need to be remounted properly or replaced entirely if it won't seal
  • > @mislead said:
    > if they are the original tires then tesla is responsible.

...and every single auto manufacturer will turn the issue over to the manufacturer of the tire. UNLESS, it's a TPMS leaking.
  • true.....they're not made by tesla so not really their fault