Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Homelink auto open/close not working with 2021.4.10.1

Anyone having issues with homelink auto open/close working with 2021.4.10? I’ve rebooted a couple of times and it’s not auto open/closing as it did prior to the update. Settings are all the same.

Comments

• I'd first try the relearn step. It may be your opener got out of sync with the rolling code. Just press the learn button on the garage opener, and then press the open/close button within the car.
  • Doe it appear to be trying to open the door? I had to fine tune my location to get it just right (to open exactly where I wanted), so it took a few tries. Still, that wasn’t because of any updates.

If you see the HomeLink on your screen trying to open your door and nothing happens then I’d say follow TT’s advice.

Also (long shot) apparently some LED bulbs cause enough interference with GPS or something that they can mess up HomeLink. I mention that just in case, that’s one I never would have guessed was the problem for opener issues!
  • Homelink signal is in the front off the car. If the car is at an angle or backed in, it will not work.
  • is there anyway to use homelink to not close on car. just today I had opened door from wall and went to move car into garage. homelink beeped but I didn't think anything of it. it had triggerd to close the door while I was backing into the garage. very scary. I assume it thought I was leaving and was closing. I will not be having hte close auto setting on anymore, it's just weird. other times it just doesn't close when we do leave....and then pings when down the street...reopening door we just closed.
  • > @Cubby said:
    > is there anyway to use homelink to not close on car. just today I had opened door from wall and went to move car into garage. homelink beeped but I didn't think anything of it. it had triggerd to close the door while I was backing into the garage. very scary. I assume it thought I was leaving and was closing. I will not be having hte close auto setting on anymore, it's just weird. other times it just doesn't close when we do leave....and then pings when down the street...reopening door we just closed.

There is an auto open toggle in the homelink settings. I don’t remember if it works for auto close, but as soon as you put the car in reverse the homelink drop down appears with the option to skip it IIRC.

I’m not sure if homelink thought you were leaving, I think it though it was arriving if you were in drive vs reverse.

Which brings up the question- does anyone use HL and back into their garage? Does it work fine or is there something you have to do in order to have it work that way?
  • @Cubby - Keep in mind Homelink (in any car) is rather dumb. It can only send a single "change door state", not open or close. For example, if you have auto-open set in the car. And you drive up to your garage door, and it's already open, it will close!

You do have to be a bit careful using the auto options, especially if you like to park at a point where the garage door could come down on your car! That said, I've been using it for years without a problem.

There is a short time where the display allows you to cancel the automatic action. If you feel it's too risky, disable the auto-open/close and you can still control Homelink manually.