Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.
I have now had my MY for a little over a month and absolutely love it. However, one thing that strikes me with such a great piece of technology, is how much better the app going with it could be.
I am not sure what the app looks like for other models (I suspect it’s very similar, but don’t want to assume), so I’m keeping this in this section. I’m new here, so apologies if this was brought up several times before. Below are some improvements I’ve been thinking of while using the app. Some of them would be harder to implement than others, but I was wondering if there is a way to suggest them?
- Tesla insurance: I know this is only for CA residents, but it would be great if the app would let you display the insurance card
- Trip planner: would be great to be able to plan trips from home and export them to the car
- Activate and watch cameras from the app
- Energy app: something similar to the energy app on the main screen of the car
- Smart Watch extension: it’s great not having a key, but I’ve found myself going down to grab something from the car without my phone thinking “would be great if my app could be used as a key too”
Just a few thoughts. I know there are a ton of third party apps that can do some of these, but it would be great if Tesla incorporated some of these features into their native app...