Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Multiple Users Screen Lock Out

Got my MY yesterday. So far so good. Except... Went to charge at T Super and when I got out of the car to smoke my wife couldn't access anything on the screen. She has the app. She has "Car Access". My phone was in the car. The car was charging. But it behaved as though I wanted it to Walk Away Lock. Am I missing something? Does someone have to be in the driver's seat even when parked?

Comments

• "Got out of the car to smoke my wife"? Sounds like you have a hot wife :)

The car will shut down when the driver exits. A passenger can tap the center display and it will start up and HVAC will continue. Having the phone inside should keep the car from auto-locking, but doesn't keep the car powered up.
  • I have noticed that if the passenger opens the door, the screen lights up and is usable
    Turns off if you close the door
    Just a personal observation
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > "Got out of the car to smoke my wife"? Sounds like you have a hot wife :)
    >
    > The car will shut down when the driver exits. A passenger can tap the center display and it will start up and HVAC will continue. Having the phone inside should keep the car from auto-locking, but doesn't keep the car powered up.

He meant to like smoke a cigar but oh my god did that make me crack up XD. Yeah but now about the issue though, I've never had that kind of problem before...