Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Saving driver profiles to cloud or USB or Tesla app?

I had to drop my MYLR off at the SC last night for a couple issues. The SA warned me that the software would be updated while in the shop, and I would lose all my settings and driver profiles, requiring me to set them all up again once I get my car back. I'm a new Tesla owner, so am unaware if this is possible, but is there any way to save settings and driver profiles to the cloud or the USB stick in the glovebox or to the Tesla app on my phone? It has taken me over two hours (in total) to add all our driver profiles and get all the settings exactly to our preferences. It's going to suck having to reprogram all that when I get my car back tonight.

Comments

• I believe this is ‘in the works’ as I read it somewhere. Sorry, I don’t remember where! Also don’t remember if it was spotted in a beta build or actually announced as a future feature.

Still, 2 hours? You have some seriously detailed drivers for you car!
  • Found it.

https://electrek.co/2021/02/24/tesla-cloud-based-driver-profile-ahead-of-tesla-network-ride-hailing-app-launch/
  • > @PrescottRichard said:
    >
    > Still, 2 hours? You have some seriously detailed drivers for you car!

Ha, yeah! I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that. And it wasn't 2 hours all at once. It was cumulative time over the course of the first week of ownership, including re-adjusting settings after driving for a bit after each change. Since all the adjustments have to be done using the touchscreen, I can't really adjust things like mirrors and steering wheel while I'm driving. So, I have to make a setting, go drive for a bit to see how I like it, then adjust it again if necessary, rinse/repeat. Then had to go through the same process for my wife's profile. Trying to go back and hit all those exact preferred settings once the car comes back wiped is going to suuuuuuuucccckkkkK!
  • > @PrescottRichard said:
    > Found it.
    >
    > https://electrek.co/2021/02/24/tesla-cloud-based-driver-profile-ahead-of-tesla-network-ride-hailing-app-launch/
    >

Aw, man! I wish this had gone active before I dropped off my MYLR last night! This would have been great.