Texas

Dallas Cars and Coffee

edited November -1 in Texas
Any new Model S owners going to the Cars and Coffee this coming Saturday?

Comments

• edited November -1
    What is that? Please provide details.

I would bring the car - silver/black performance which arrived today! - except that the paperwork to register it hasn't shown up yet. Very, very, very frustrating.
  • edited November -1
    I wasn't aware of coffee and meet-up. I got mine this past Sun 1/7 so I would have looked like a groupie anyway. But where are those types of social events posted?

@John_Cohn I just posted the registration process in this forum and them main as I had some confusion as well never having had to do this myself for a new car.
  • edited November -1
    Where is the cars and Coffee information? I am to be out of town for the next two weekends, but would set up a meet for anyone who wants to see the car. I can meet easilly during the days except Tuesday. Evenings with planning.
  • edited November -1
    According to http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/, they meet the 1st Saturday each month at the Tollway and Spring Creek Parkway (up towards Legacy).
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the info John. Bummer I live near Whiterock. Going to be a long haul for me. Probably need a coffee before going for coffee bleh...
  • edited November -1
    Would love to meet some Dallas S owners a little farther south if possible. There is a large quiet parking lot at HP Middle school near SMU, or anywhere else south of LBJ. Suggestions for the coming Sunday?
  • edited November -1
    I'm also in the SMU area, would love to meet-up and admire anyone's new wheels. I've seen a black one recently, in addition to the Signature Red in the area. I haven't seen the white one that I know from postings was delivered in Dallas. Now I'll look for silver too.

I'm waiting on 2013 Red and expect to get it late March/early April!
  • edited November -1
    Should be able to make Sunday afternoon work. I'll check with better half.
  • edited November -1
    Start looking for brown next month! :)
  • edited November -1
    We are out of town but may be back Sunday. post the meeting location and time and I will come if I can.
  • edited November -1
    Not sure if mine will be here or not (running into some logistical challenges right now with delivery so it may be Monday) but if you post the time and place we will try to make it.
  • edited November -1
    I can make 3:30pm on Sunday, 1/20. Highland Park middle school lot works for me. Should be able to stay for an hour. Any others can make that time and place?
  • edited November -1
    I can't make it this weekend.
  • edited November -1
    I would try but not certain
  • edited November -1
    I will be there 3:30. HP Middle school.

Key at Binkley. Look forward to it! Thanks.
  • edited November -1
    see you there!
  • edited November -1
    running 10 late. blaming wife... ;)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Sandman and J King for showing me your horses. I hope someday soon I can ride with the big boys!
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, only had 4 people show but it was great getting to know you folks. Look forward to next time! J King post the pics somewhere and send a link when you get a chance.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry all, just got my car this evening after what was a complete and total mess of a delivery... Looking forward to seeing everyone else's cars and meeting in the future!
  • edited November -1
    @terk Texas deliveries seem to have a large share of delivery mess. Hope Tesla makes it right. Make sure that you check everything, several items were missing for me, and there was no paperwork from Tesla acknowledging that they are missing. The Dallas service guy did a reasonable job of identifying the missing items and placing an order, thoughg I haven't recieved any of the items yet. J1772 adaptor is critical.
    There is a check list on another thread. I am missing a luggage support in the back, that was not on the list.
  • edited November -1
    @J King - Thanks for letting me know. I have not even begun to look for missing parts but your list will most certainly help. @sandman also mentioned that you had some scratches on yours. Did they fix those no problem? O, the guy who delivered the car also decided to climb in through the window with his greasy gloves on and so I have some nice oil finger prints on the inside liner of the vehicle... like I said, delivery was a total and complete mess. Anyway, sorry to vent it here but really appreciate the insight for what you are correcting, it is quite helpful.
  • edited November -1
    @terk Jack Batson came and looked at mine, had a detail person buff out the scratchs and clean off the grease. he seems helpful. Was your driver Patrick?
  • edited November -1
    My car was delivered without blemish by company called LA Tech. I did have a common set of missing items: spoiler, rear seats, rear parcel shelf.

Does anyone know if the flat tire patch kit was supposed to be included. J King made mention of that during the meet up and I was unaware of it as a due bill item.
  • edited November -1
    By the way, happy to lend out my J1772 if someone needs it. I'm not going on a road trip anytime soon.