Solar Panels

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Invoiced, install not complete

So I had my system mostly installed with the Neurio device not working per the install team. Still didn't stop Tesla from invoicing me. Their process needs some work, especially assigning advisors (6). Anyone else get this new Neurio device and actually have it work? It's like they expect me to just cross my fingers that everything will work when the utility allows me to turn it on. Unreal!

- Solar Panels
- No Powerwall's

Comments

• My experience with my Powerwalls was similar. I was billed before PTO from the utility. Technically, you're not supposed to turn the system on until PTO.

This makes testing the system fully (over a few days) before paying for it difficult. Fortunately, my system worked well, but I didn't know this for sure until *after* I'd paid in full. Seems bass ackwards to me.
  • Just don’t pay the invoice until PTO. That’s what I did.
  • I won’t even pay it then is they haven’t finished.
  • You'll pay it by their deadline, or they can trash your credit score. If PTO is delayed beyond the bill due date, I highly recommend you pay it on time.
  • My install is not complete either since this past December because I needed a panel upgrade which they did not catch during the initial visit. I have been billed by the finance company as if the system was fully active which is not. Any advice on what I can do here? thanks
  • > @gregbrew_98470014 said:
    > You'll pay it by their deadline, or they can trash your credit score. If PTO is delayed beyond the bill due date, I highly recommend you pay it on time.

I'm not concerned about that I pay cash for everything so that one wont work to force me to pay up. I'm not paying for something that isn't finished that's for sure.
  • > @Eddyn said:
    > My install is not complete either since this past December because I needed a panel upgrade which they did not catch during the initial visit. I have been billed by the finance company as if the system was fully active which is not. Any advice on what I can do here? thanks

So did you pay the invoice from December? I'm searching for an escalation point to get them back out here and finish this small about of work. When they have your cash things slow way down. Its very disappointing at this point.
  • my first payment was due on March 3rd which I paid because I don't want this to affect my credit. To top it off the amount they reported to the financing company is slightly higher than what is stated on my contract. I have escalated that issue on both sides Tesla and TechCu credit union and I keep getting the runaround.
  • I didn't have a mid point payment or anything like that. Full amount post installation was noted. If I do pay based on feedback of some sort but no follow through I'll be doing the same with American Express. This is crazy but my numbers did match.
  • The payment is due after the installation date. It is shown in the process flow diagram, or stated somewhere. The completions of the inspection and PTO are not the preconditions for the payment. Guess the change or upgrade after the installation follows the same rule.
  • That language is not in my contract and wouldn't change my mind if it was. Mine is tied to the inspection not the installation date.
  • You are right about the payment after inspection. Now I remember that my system was installed on December 21, 2020. I really wanted to pay in order to get 2020 tax credit. So I was waiting nervously for the inspection done before year end. Fortunately the inspection got done before year end. And I received the invoice in a few hours.