Solar Roof

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla App showing monetary savings for some users?

Someone on Facebook posted an image of their Tesla App and it showed the monetary savings. Does anyone have that? My app shows, consumption, usage, and grid only.

Comments

• They may have access to the old MySolarCity website interface. If you are an owner of a legacy Solar City system, you have access to that info, if you know where to look. The site was "officially" shut down a couple of years ago, but you can still get to your data if you know your Solar City installation serial number.

Do note that the "savings" presented is based on the going rate for electricity with the local utility *at the time of the installation*. It never changes, and loses its accuracy very quickly.
  • I asked the person on Facebook and was told it was the Tesla app.
  • You might ask them how to navigate to that info in the Tesla app. I don't see it anywhere.

Please post that navigation path here, if they're forthcoming.
  • I see it on the page of the app that shows the roof's daily output. There's the graphic, then a "download my data" button, and then if I scroll down further, there is a "Solar Value" graphic. It is a relatively new feature (maybe about 2 months?).
  • > @SanDiegoNH said:
    > I see it on the page of the app that shows the roof's daily output. There's the graphic, then a "download my data" button, and then if I scroll down further, there is a "Solar Value" graphic. It is a relatively new feature (maybe about 2 months?).

I can't scroll past "download my data"; there's nothing for me.
  • > @SanDiegoNH said:
    > I see it on the page of the app that shows the roof's daily output. There's the graphic, then a "download my data" button, and then if I scroll down further, there is a "Solar Value" graphic. It is a relatively new feature (maybe about 2 months?).

Can you screenshot your app and post an image link via imgur?
  • I have an Android. Is it an Apple-specific function?

BTW...bye all! It's been fun.
  • What app version shows “Solar Value”?