Model Y

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Whipper Blade replacement

I am not happy with the whipper blades that came with my MY, what are owners using to replace there wiper blades with? I am in SW Florida lots of heavy rain also no ice or snow.

any help appreciated
bksalt

Comments

• Indiana Jones turns to the dark side.
  • > @bksalt said:
    > I am not happy with the whipper blades that came with my MY, what are owners using to replace there wiper blades with? I am in SW Florida lots of heavy rain also no ice or snow.
    >
    > any help appreciated
    > bksalt

Use car wax on the windshield. It should help a lot with heavy rain beading off.
  • > @bksalt said:
    > I am not happy with the whipper blades that came with my MY, what are owners using to replace there wiper blades with? I am in SW Florida lots of heavy rain also no ice or snow.
    >
    > any help appreciated
    > bksalt

Not happy? Why? Are they chattering? Skipping areas? Try cleaning the windshield with (my first choice) very hot water (when it's 70ish), windex, good glass cleaner. Also clean the blades.

I think most of us haven't had to change our wiper blades yet, the cars are too new. That'll be the next discussion/argument/war, but...sigh...not on this site.
  • Armorall is very effective. And yes periodically wipe the blades with paper towel and alcohol. UV is hard on the rubber inserts.
  • What replacement wiper blades did you use on your previous vehicle; they should work similarly on your new model Y. I've always applied rain-x to the windshield and it helps tremendously.
  • I have been using Aquapel for about 15 years now. You could have the worst set of wipers there is and you would not even notice. Great stuff.