Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla churning out poor quality cars

Even after three years of mass manufacturing Tesla cars are plagued by various quality issues. Profit over quality.

Comments

• Probably uneven might be a better term. Some people have no issues, others have big issues. Tesla's quality control seems spotty and very much tied to production/sales goals which means Tesla sometimes deliberately ships cars with known problems and then leaves it up to buyer to discover the issues.

The issue with the rocker covers paint and protection where Tesla offered a "free" fix it kit to Canadians due to paint loss on rocker covers. It cost me $400 to fix it with PPF on the rocker and 4" up and mudflaps.

"Tesla Will Pay For Mudflaps In Canada: Generosity Or Strategy?"

https://insideevs.com/news/383414/tesla-mudflaps-for-free-canada/

There seems to be a policy at Tesla to ship first and ask questions later, or hope owners don't ask questions later.

https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/183734/tesla-really-sold-prototypes-as-production-cars-says-gruber-motors
  • Two great cars for me. Three more in the pipeline.
  • > @AmokTime said:
    > Get your shots in while you can, shorties. I’ve bought 2 Tesla M3 SR+ with zero issues. I have family members and friends who have bought MX, M3 LRRD, M3 LRAWD, and others and none of them had any issues, either. I think the issues are much less frequent than you make out.

Comment from paid Tesla fanbois.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Two great cars for me. Three more in the pipeline.
    Paid Tesla fanboy defending quality problems.
  • You wish. Usually multimillionaires have a better grasp on reality😂. What a maroon!
  • edited March 14
    > @Bighorn said: Usually multimillionaires have a better grasp on reality.

Actually the worst grasp of reality for the top 10%. Not surprising since 40% of millionaires are working on inherited wealth. That leaves just 60%, 6% of US population who made the million themselves and for most of us, it was just inflation and home real estate appreciation, got lucky or when we were born, where we were born, what color we were born and who are parents are....all in the data.
  • The trolls are in a meltdown with imminent closing of the forum. Good riddance. You will not be missed.
  • So glad enthusiasts will find each other on other platforms, ones which will prevent the illogical teenage trolls.
  • > @IntelSPE said:
    > > @AmokTime said:
    > > Get your shots in while you can, shorties. I’ve bought 2 Tesla M3 SR+ with zero issues. I have family members and friends who have bought MX, M3 LRRD, M3 LRAWD, and others and none of them had any issues, either. I think the issues are much less frequent than you make out.
    >
    > Comment from paid Tesla fanbois.

More likely yours are from someone with a financial interest in Tesla’s failure. Like a short-seller or Big Oil investor. Or perhaps you are one who is emotionally invested in ICE pickup trucks and fears that the success of EVs could see you with few options some day soon. Or perhaps you are a mechanic that fears the end of his livelihood. If that last one is you I have some sympathy, though you can easily retool yourself to work on EVs. In another 10 years most cars sold will be EVs and in another 20 ICE will be something the elderly tell their grandchildren about, like my grandparents told me about ice-boxes that actually used blocks of ice to keep them cold.
  • This is a shit post by a TROLL.
    He knows it will become read-only tomorrow and wants these untrue and ugly comments to be seen to prospective purchasers forever.
    Most Tesla owners have a good experience. Sad that one disgruntled buyer who had a bad experience thinks everyone else will have one as well.
  • > @IntelSPE said:
    > > @AmokTime said:
    > > Get your shots in while you can, shorties. I’ve bought 2 Tesla M3 SR+ with zero issues. I have family members and friends who have bought MX, M3 LRRD, M3 LRAWD, and others and none of them had any issues, either. I think the issues are much less frequent than you make out.
    >
    > Comment from paid Tesla fanbois.

Also, you should be more careful about throwing around any slang words that contain the word boy spelled “boi” - there are historical connotations that make it inappropriate in the way you have used it.
  • For me, it’s not whether the car is perfect at delivery time, but does Tesla address deficiencies to the customer’s satisfaction.

I for one accepted my SR+ with minor cosmetic flaws. But Tesla approved the local Tesla body shop to correct the deficiencies and provided an Enterprise rental car while my car was in the shop.

Although I was inconvenienced, it was minimal. The end result was that I wound up with a defect free SR+ which exceeded my expectations.
  • Trolls are churning out poor quality posts
  • Got mine as an in stock vehicle during the pandemic. Not a single defect. My only experience with Tesla service is when I hit a pothole and damaged 2 tires after hours. I called service and It was towed in less than an hour. I got it back the next morning. The town paid for the repair.
  • Our third Tesla, a 2021 Model X delivered in November, had some scratches on the top panel of glass between the windshield and falcon doors. About the size of a dime. We took it to Tesla, we’re provided with a loaner Model S (it takes a day for the glue to dry) while they replaced the entire strip of glass. Later we noticed some uneven gaps by the falcon wing doors, that were promptly corrected by a Tesla mobile tech. No issues with the first delivered S P85D or 3 LR. Great, not perfect, company that has always stood behind its amazing vehicles. Can’t wait for delivery of my newly refreshed S!
  • My Stradivarius arrived out of tune. The horror.
  • Most of Tesla Service centers are busy fixing problems ignored at factory. Go to any service center and observe for two hours and you will notice that 90% cars coming are to fix issues due to poor quality control at factory. Tesla service centers serve as QA for cars.
  • > @IntelSPE said:
    > Most of Tesla Service centers are busy fixing problems ignored at factory. Go to any service center and observe for two hours and you will notice that 90% cars coming are to fix issues due to poor quality control at factory. Tesla service centers serve as QA for cars.
    That sounds made up, like a fake Amazon review.
  • > @IntelSPE said:
    > Most of Tesla Service centers are busy fixing problems ignored at factory.

My car has no issues. When I got my car the SC was quiet. They were downing mostly deliveries. They installed my homelink while I waited.

When I got my flat tires from the pothole they replaced my tires and had my car ready to be picked up by noon.

So your comment “most of Tesla service centers” isn’t true. Your making up statistics.
  • Mine hasn’t needed service so far in 78k miles. My older car went 88k miles between annual check ups.
  • Not what I observed when I got my Homelink installed either. Just false narratives from the trolls.
  • Go to a traditional stealership and observe for two hours. As new cars roll off the trucks, they’re fixing defects and cosmetic issues. Not that I’m complaining, but that final touch up has gotta happen somewhere...not sure why anyone would fault Tesla for doing the same.