Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Range (est) on Model S Refresh Update?

As I refresh my account tab 327 times a day awaiting any updates at all on my Model S, I happen to go by the regular "design your own" section of the website mostly to just see how far out new orders are. When I went there tonight, the est range for both the LR and Plaid was significantly less than when I ordered months ago. I took a screen shot of my order at my LR was 412 mi (est.) and now they are down to 375 and 350 (est) respectively. Being a first time Tesla owner, just curious if anyone else finds this odd?

Comments

• If anyone is curious the website is now showing different ranges based on wheel selection. Didn't want anyone else going crazy like me. :smile:
  • The order page still shows 412 miles range for an LR, and 390 for the Plaid. I can only assume some kind of website glitch.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > The order page still shows 412 miles range for an LR, and 390 for the Plaid. I can only assume some kind of website glitch.

Change the tires to the 21” and you will see the range drop. Quite a lot for simply changing wheels in my opinion.
  • Changes for LR and Plaid. But wheels don't change estimated range for Plaid +. :)