Model S

The Tesla Psychosis

Comments

• edited November -1
    @mayowt. I might suggest browsing over the careers section of Tesla's website. Currently 259 job opportunities in California....Another 169 jobs in the US. And another 227 outside the US.

Tesla is looking for over 650 good people to help further the advent of electric transport........maybe you're one of them...

J. :-))
  • edited November -1
    I too finally watched Leilani's Teslive speach. I was very moved and even found myself tearing up at her words.

Interesting that this thread has moved into talk of working for Tesla. The psychosis is so strong in me that just yesterday I had my in person interview with the managers of the local store near me and the regional sales representative who happened to be in town for the ribbon cutting of the newest supercharging stations.

I think it went well but I won't know for sure until early next week.

I forgot to thank you all in my last post for making me feel somewhat normal as well as I think my wife is pretty sick of me spending so much time here on my most recent obsession. ;-)

Cheers!
  • edited November -1
    @rch1708
    Rob,

I wasn't going to say anything further, but I find I can't help myself. Your story just pulls me in :-)
    I'm unfamiliar with medical practices in the Netherlands, but here in the states most "tears" can be repaired through laser surgery. Minimally invasive with a 2-3 week recovery time (tops) since there are no long incisions as in joint replacement surgeries. I would ask your current orthopedic surgeon about it and find one that does laser repair. It's soo worth it!

Your surgery and recovery would be totally complete by the time you took delivery of your Model S in sept :-)

Happy, healthy driving!!

Edie
  • edited November -1
    Hi Edie, that's extremely interesting. Next appointment with the consultant is in a few weeks. Will definitely check it out.

My next thread could be called "How Tesla saved me from unnecessary surgery". See if I can beter the guy whose house didn't burn down... ;-)
  • edited November -1
    <i>My next thread could be called "How Tesla saved me from unnecessary surgery". See if I can beter the guy whose house didn't burn down... ;-)</i>

LOL! I hope so! :-)

Speaking of the psychosis, @mayowt's confession lead me to realize how utterly ridiculous my own situation is:
    - I've had five electricians visit the house so far
    - My all-weather Tesla floor and trunk mats arrived yesterday
    - The Alloygators are sitting in the garage
    - I have an appointment with the Opti-Coat installer
    - I bought an 18650 cell to keep in the glovebox for show-and-tell
    - I cleaned out the garage more than I ever have before
    - I check the Tesla app at least once every day (...nothing!)
    - I know some of you by name, but I can't remember my neighbor's
    - I spend at least an hour a day between here and the TMC forum
    - I'm organizing a Tesla owners meetup in late August
    - I bought a pair of Pete's custom key fob cozies
    <i>and my car isn't being delivered until next week!</i>

Psychosis indeed.
  • edited November -1
    @cfOH
    Mine is in labor as we speak and probably delivered to my home next week. Are you thinking group birthday parties yet? Maybe at Skyline?
  • edited November -1
    Twinsies! [gag]

Are you around Cincy, Bighorn?
  • edited November -1
    @cfOH
    No, Wyoming, but it wouldn't be the first time we've road-tripped to Cinci for a three-way (ahem)!
  • edited November -1
    NoMO and gone;
    Don't be selfish. Display and give examples of your symptoms! Other lost souls may take comfort. (Or get worse, same diff). Give!
  • edited November -1
    cfOH,
    You need a fix. If possible, find a local MS owner and buy them lunch.
  • edited November -1
    Lola: what's worse, knowing what you're waiting for or not knowing? Wish there was a local owner for whom I could buy lunch without having to purchase a transatlantic flight ticket.

My in-laws live 1km from the Tesla 'factory' in Tilburg NL. Was visitng them this afternoon and had to work very hard NOT to go and hang out up the road at the gates, slobbering like a dog. I guess that the next time I'm there I won't be able to resist.
  • edited November -1
    Rob,
    you might consider contacting Athlon leasing company in the Netherlands and ask for a test drive (also their YT channel has plenty of dutch spoken videos from test drives in NL).
    Groetjes,
    Tobias
  • edited November -1
    Brian - bipolar moodswings after Model S sightings, going from maniacal happiness watching the silent poetry in motion to darkest depression when I remember that she is not mine.

Constant, OCD-like scouring of the internet for any new articles maligning or praising Tesla. Checking stock prices hourly not because of the money, but because it might be an indirect indicator of some news about Tesla I didn't know about.

Paranoia that the creaking, squeaking, foul-smelling ICE engine in the 2000 Dodge Caravan that I'm driving is conspiring to kill me.
  • edited November -1
    Writing "ICE engine" with a redundant E.
  • edited November -1
    IC engine does have a certain ring.
  • edited November -1
    Someone mentioned that Brian does not have a car. If this is the case, I'm not sure he can really understand the issues at hand.
  • edited November -1
    Bighorn - it sounds like a snack machine at the fair.
  • edited November -1
    @cfOH

I'm totally with you:

- I've had five electricians visit the house so far
    --- I had four. The NEMA 14-50 has been installed and ready in my garage for three weeks.

- My all-weather Tesla floor and trunk mats arrived yesterday
    --- I got mine like 10 days ago.

- I have an appointment with the Opti-Coat installer
    --- Yep, my car's due at the detailer for paint correction and OptiCoat the day after scheduled delivery. I also have a tinting appointment for the afternoon of delivery day.

- I cleaned out the garage more than I ever have before
    --- I cleaned out the garage, had bare lightbulbs on the side walls changed to overhead fluorescents, had some piping removed from a previous owner's water softener installation, got the floor done (epoxy chip), bought $3K worth of garage cabinets, had the foam insulation at the bottom of the garage doors replaced, painted the whole garage, and hung tennis ball parking guides.

- I check the Tesla app at least once every day (...nothing!)
    --- I check it multiple times a day. I've seen my car in person (it's waiting at the service center) and the app still says "no vehicle".

- I know some of you by name, but I can't remember my neighbor's
    --- Yep definitely.

- I spend at least an hour a day between here and the TMC forum
    --- I trade at least that much sleep for it. Are you cfOH on the TMC boards too? I don't recall seeing your name on there.

- I bought a pair of Pete's custom key fob cozies
    -- Me too! Black and red.

I also bought a full set of hand-washing supplies, picked up a parcel shelf, bought Roger's wheel cap and TESLA stickers, and bought LEDs to replace the incandescent license plate lights.

I interviewed nine solar installation companies and signed a contract (today!) to replace 90% of my anticipated new electricity usage with 16 beautiful Sunpower panels.

I visited the service center yesterday to visit with my car, even though my delivery appointment is not until Tuesday (my DS couldn't find a spot to move me up).

I am so totally excited and so totally sleep-deprived.
  • edited November -1
    I've been in a new S on the roads for a few hours. I appreciate it fine!
  • edited November -1
    @colasec: Yes, you DO have it bad! And yes, I'm cfOH over on TMC, too. Oh, and thanks for reminding me to order some LED replacement license plate lights. :-)
    edited November -1
    If Elon would ever wonder to visit Moscow, he must certainly take this taxi
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eKgA4SbWOC0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow, how did that get there? Norway?
    Probably not long before this appears on those russian car crash compilation videos. :)
    edited November -1
    Why Norway - directly from California. Anyone can have a job for his food, but some Russian can have a Tesla for his breakfest. There are about 5 Teslas in Moscow and 1 in Siberia: http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/st/0/topic610752.html
    Google will tranlate it.