Model S

Model S Reservation Tally

1888990919294»

Comments

• edited November -1
    It's very brief, and doesn't really function as a reservation, at least as previously used. No "sequence numbers" are issued any more.

Someone said they weren't required to put down a $5K deposit, so maybe it's "in transition".
  • edited November -1
    Looks like estimated delivery that is shown on the ordering page for P85 models changed from 1 month earlier this week to 2 month currently. Estimated deliveries for 60kWh and 85kWh remained the same - 3 and 2 month.

This could mean that percentage of P85 reservation increased lately.
  • edited November -1
    Hi, how do I find the reservation number from "MY DASHBOARD"?
    Is it the number on the bottom left with # sign? Mine is #33, Signature Model RHD in Japan. I reserved one on April 1st 2013.
  • edited November -1
    hiroshiy;
    That seems possible, if you're on the same list as Hong Kong. Please update with any expected delivery information you get.
  • edited November -1
    Just got the notice that my order has been submitted to the factory and then another that it is being built!!
  • edited November -1
    @rochec Hate to burst your bubble, but once you order, that's what it says for everyone, regardless of what is happening. My account has said that since I finalized on 3/21 and Tesla told me the other day it won't actually be built until the end of this month. I know the finalize process has changed as I saw your post on the other thread, but Tesla told me the "building your car" isn't an actual status update. It is just filler until you get a call or delivery button. It would be cool if one could actually track production in real time.
  • edited November -1
    The inventory and parts flow gets locked in and allocated to the assembly line schedule, so it's in production in that sense.
  • edited November -1
    @vgrinshpun,

Could also mean that a large chunk of production capacity has been moved to EU deliveries...?
  • edited November -1
    Just a new datapoint for Australia...

I have a general reservation with $6000 reservation deposit as of this week.

Number #80 on the sequence.

I have a friend with sequence in the low 60s who reserved a general production in May 2012.

Given the 38 S and 48 P from Dec 2012 it looks like there has been 7 cancellations or refunds here possibly as a result of the delayed deliveries announced earlier in the year.

Tesla is not marketed here at all and the general populace is almost completely ignorant of the brand.

I think that delivering less than 100 cars to a country is not going to be viable. I really question whether we'll see a MS here to be quite frank; but that's what it is going to need.

Some cars delivered will break the ice and I believe the cars will begin to sell themselves as awareness grows.

I remember being in a line of only 6 people when the iPhone 3G was released here and people were ignorant of it despite Apples huge presence. Nowadays an iphone release is sold out within a week and lines outside every retailer are the rule.

Those 100 cars or so are going to be crucial in launching the product here. And my suggestion to Tesla would be to insure that those cars are built neither even stricter and higher tolerances as you want these initial cars to be absolutely the best you can deliver. That's important all round but even more so for these early cars which will start the ball rolling.

Best of luck to everyone. I'm hoping I am driving one before this time next year :)
  • edited November -1
    Evoc, is it clear yet what the final cost will be for Australia?
  • edited November -1
    Reservation sequence number 4145 .
    June 19, 2013 model x
  • edited November -1
    Sequence number 5459.
    Model X, reserved last week.
  • edited November -1
    So still running at about 10/day.
  • edited November -1
    Please update the count on this thread. Thanks
  • edited November -1
    Signature #1,010
    December 10, 2013
  • edited November -1
    I placed my order dec 18. I had 2 weeks to change my order. and I did add fog lights and color to grey. After 2 weeks then receive P#
  • edited November -1
    finally pulled the plug

RESERVATION CONFIRMATION
    RN580023
    RESERVATION SEQUENCE NUMBER
  • edited November -1
    scotta;
    pulled the plug? Disconnected, cancelled? Strange decision. >;p
  • edited November -1
    I placed mij order Tesla X sept.20.

RN 773592
  • edited November -1
    The RN is internal confidential and uninformative. Only the VIN is worth reporting.
  • edited November -1
    This thread petered out, but the Model S kept going...
  • edited November 2019
    Anyone questioning the CYBERTRUCK reservations should read this thread
  • edited November 2019
    But @Whity Whiteman's thread is still going...