Colorado

Opti Coat Pro in Denver

edited November -1 in Colorado
If anyone is looking to have their car protected with Opti Coat in the Denver area, give Steven at Colorado Detail a call. He had my car over the weekend, and it's amazing how much better the paint looks on a car that is only two weeks old.
Here's a link to his Facebook page with some pictures. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.416847361760208.1073741828.151597468285200&type=1

Comments

• edited November -1
    What's the cost & location?
  • edited November -1
    Thanks in advance Steve.
  • edited November -1
    He does it out of his house (second job). He's in Aurora at about Smokey Hill and Tower.
    I'm not sure what the cost would be now. He said Opti Coat just raised their prices (I got in under the wire), and it all depends on how much time he needs to prep the paint. Give him a call... he's a good guy and will treat you right. His name is Steve 303.709.triple four nine.
    Driving in the rain this morning, the water and dirt just fell off the car. Still looks somewhat clean.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll check him out.
  • edited November -1
    I had Steven do the opticoat on my new (Dec. 7 delivery) green MS 85.
    He did a very fast job (about 20 hours), and my Tesla looks even more stunning now.

A highly professional (and in my opinion reasonable) job. I highly recommend his work.

Look at his website coloradodetail.com
  • edited November -1
    Just upgraded and took delivery of my MS P85, and had it optiicoated by Steve as recommended by all of you above (coloradodetail.com - 303-709-triplefour9). What a nice guy - and what a great job he did! Highly recommend him. You will not regret it!l
  • edited November -1
    What is the approximate cost of this application?
  • edited November -1
    Mine was 650.
  • edited November -1
    How long does the entire process take? Thinking might have to leave the car overnight or longer?

I'm scheduled to pick up my Model S on the 24th. I'd like to get the Opticoat soon after but I don't know if I can let it go for a couple of days. Not when I just got it!
  • edited November -1
    Steve had mine for 3 days. He only works evenings and some weekends, as he has a real day job.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.488227864622157.1073741839.151597468285200&type=1
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, cweber. Is that MC Red yours? Haha, I will have the same color, no pano, but with the standard 19's. Are you thinking of getting them tinted?
  • edited November -1
    If you coordinate with Steve, you can bring it to him Fri mid afternoon and pick it up 24 hrs later. That's the way it worked with mine. And I have been extremely pleased I might add!
  • edited November -1
    What exactly is opti coat? Why do I need it? Somewhere else they said I should get my car wrapped instead.
  • edited November -1
    A very thin, clear ceramic-like coat that is much harder than the Tesla factory paint. Google it!
  • edited November -1
    Will_A
    That is my MC Red that Steve coated. No pano - you definitely do not want a pano with that red color...as the roof is beautiful. 19-inch silver cyclone wheels. Std coil springs. Just got the car back from the tint shop last Friday. Huper Optik ceramic at 20% all around. HO ceramic 50% on the front windshield. Reside in Ken Caryl area.
  • edited November -1
    cweber, Thanks for validating why I didn't go with the pano. Outside of the additional cost, I didn't think I would use it that much. We have the pano roof on my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and we hardly use it. And after watching one of Bjorn's videos where he insulated his pano roof to keep the heat in, I was convinced I didn't need it. It's just that you hear and see (esp. in the forums) most folks have the pano roof. So I was torn for a minute. I may miss out on having a roof rack option but with the huge cargo space in the Model S makes up for that.

As for the OC, I'll contact Steve sometime in the next week. I'm hoping it will only require an overnight stay... My Dashboard now says "In Production". One more week before my scheduled delivery!!
  • edited November -1
    I took the MS over to Steven for the one year Opti-Coat checkup. He washed it and put a sealer on. He said the Opti-Coat is holding up well, and that everything looks good.
    The car looks better than new again!
  • edited November -1
    I get my first Opti-Coat from Steven this Friday.
  • edited November -1
    He told me you were coming. Sounds like you'll get to see how it repels water since it's supposed to rain.
  • edited November -1
    It looks great!! Nice glass finish.
  • edited November -1
    Mine turned out great as well. Bought two ultra soft micro-fiber towels he recommended as the cotton ones were scratching the finish before he fixed them.

Rod in Evergreen, CO
  • edited November -1
    @Rod... Ha, I know how that goes. I purchased $200 in towels after my one year check up!
  • edited November -1
    Mine turned out great! I am very happy and my grin just got bigger.

Steve sent me a link with the pics:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.573823696062573.1073741856.151597468285200&type=1
  • edited November -1
    Steve just opti coated my P85+. He did an excellent job. I highly recommend him.
  • edited November -1
    +1 to Steve and his work. He opti coated my 85D and used BC-06 on the wheels. Both have held up really well.