New Jersey

Opti Coat Pro in Bergen County, NJ

edited November -1 in New Jersey
Hey all - I just got my car last week (Red P85) and love it. First thing I did - after sitting in traffic on the way home from Springfield - was take it to get opti coated. After a bit of searching, I found a great option in Bergen County.

I totally recommend Phil Yiu at Detailer's Domain in Norwood NJ (would work for the ROckland/Westchester folk as well). He did a great job and couldn't have been more accommodating. I wanted to get it coated ASAP after pickup so he scheduled me for a Saturday. He spent all day on the car and went over it with me the next morning to check for any high spots to make sure everything set perfectly. Best part is that Phil gave me an honest opinion - the paint was in good shape so I only needed a polish, not 2-step correction, we debated pros and cons of clear wrap, etc).

Anyway - in case anyone else is looking, here's the link. He also has a ton of stuff in stock in terms of washing, etc.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/
Tel: 201-768-1818

Hope it helps!

Pic of the paint after he cleaned off the dealer prep
Tesla1

"After" Pics
Tesla2

Tesla3

Tesla4

Tesla5

Comments

• edited November -1
    Car looks gorgeous. Hate to sound too newbie, but what is opti coat?
  • CCCC
    edited November -1
    @JstACarGuy

Quoted from the official site:

Opti-Coat (Opti-Guard) is a hard wearing, aftermarket, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H) and chemical etching from environmental impacts. It provides permanent protection for all factory paints, and can also be applied to exterior glass, metal and hard plastic surfaces.

http://www.opti-coat.com/
  • edited November -1
    Thanks CC. Something I will definitely look into once my car is delivered.

Rob, what did the detailing cost?
  • edited November -1
    Does any one have a recommended Opticoat detailer in Ocean County?
  • edited November -1
    Rob

Thanks for your note. I am in Monmouth County. This is one of the areas that almost made me not buy the car. The car in the show room in Short Hills has so many scratches from washing I knew the paint was not the best. Had mine since Friday and it is on my list. What are your thoughts on me waiting for the spring time to get it done? Or should I do it now?

Cheers

Pete
  • edited November -1
    Basically, as I understand it, Opti Coat seals in the paint quality when you have it applied (and the Tesla paint is known as a bit soft since it's a non-VOC paint). So if you wait, you may have some slight damage from the winter that the detailer will have to work out before he does the Opti Coat. I was in your boat a few months ago and I spent about half an hour on the phone with Phil going through the options (Opti coat, xpel, etc). If I were you I'd just give Phil a call and ask a lot of questions. He should be very helpful.

PS - I've been driving my car in the winter and only hand washing and so far, so good - no fine scratches or anything.
  • CCCC
    edited November -1
    @PMJ99

Do it as soon as possible. I waited after 3000 miles, and i already had nicks and scratches in the front of the car before I decided to Xpel wrap the front.

I still think it's best to Xpel ultimate the front of the car, since it will take on the most road debris; then just opticoat the rest of the car since it's cheaper to do then Xpel warp the whole car.