New Jersey

First NJ Supercharger Meet Up

edited November -1 in New Jersey
A few of us will be meeting at the
Edison Municipal Complex
100 Municipal Boulevard
Edison, New Jersey 08817

At 7:00 PM to attend the zoning hearing for the proposed Tesla Supercharger to be located in the proximity of the Menlo Park Mall at
219 Lafayette Ave
Edison, NJ 08837

After the hearing which should end before 8:00 PM some of us will go to for dinner at:
http://www.ichiumi.com/

352 Menlo Park Dr, Edison, NJ 08837
(732) 906-2370

We look forward to seeing many of you at the hearing to support Tesla.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Andrea,
    Thanks for organizing this. I will be there, too.
  • edited November -1
    Would love to attend, if I'm in town. What date is this scheduled for?
  • edited November -1
    Meeting is tonight. January 14 2014.
  • edited November -1
    The Tesla decision has been postponed 2 weeks everybody! Damn you Edison!

http://www.edisonnj.org/document_center/Agenda_January_14__2014.pdf

http://www.edisonnj.org/document_center/Agenda_January_28__2014.pdf

<b>Township of Edison
    Zoning Board of Adjustment
    Regular Meeting Agenda
    January 14, 2013

Old Business:
    Cases to be Decided: none

*Postponed until January 28, 2014. No further notice required*
    Case # Z 45-2013. Tesla Motors, c/o Perraro & Stamos, 22 Paris Avenue, Rockleigh, NJ 07647. </b>
    Section 37-60.3u, 37-4.3f(4), 37-63.1. Bulk and use variances requested for a parking variance with respect to
    the existing non-conforming situation on the property and a fence height variance to install eight (8) Tesla
    supercharging stations in the parking lot. Parking spaces required 10,002, existing 5.692, using 8 spaces for
    charging stations. Fence height required 6 feet, proposed 8.5 feet. Impervious coverage required 80 %, proposed
    90.6 %. Affected property is located in the PB Zone at 199-219 Lafayette Avenue, designated as Block # 690,
    Lots 3, 5, 3501. Also, block # 691.B, Lot # 3.D on the Edison Township Tax Map. All paperwork is in order

<b>Township of Edison
    Zoning Board of Adjustment
    Special Meeting Agenda
    January 28, 2014

Old Business:
    Cases to be Decided:

Case # Z 45-2013. Tesla Motors, c/o Perraro & Stamos, 22 Paris Avenue, Rockleigh, NJ 07647. </b>
    Section 37-60.3u, 37-4.3f(4), 37-63.1. Bulk and use variances requested for a parking variance with respect to
    the existing non-conforming situation on the property and a fence height variance to install eight (8) Tesla
    supercharging stations in the parking lot. Parking spaces required 10,002, existing 5.692, using 8 spaces for
    charging stations. Fence height required 6 feet, proposed 8.5 feet. Impervious coverage required 80 %, proposed
    90.6 %. Affected property is located in the PB Zone at 199-219 Lafayette Avenue, designated as Block # 690,
    Lots 3, 5, 3501. Also, block # 691.B, Lot # 3.D on the Edison Township Tax Map. All paperwork is in order.
  • edited November -1
    We are thinking of still having the meeting at IchiUmi at 7:00 PM

http://www.ichiumi.com/NewJersey-Home

352 Menlo Park Dr
    Edison, NJ 08837
    732 906 2370

Please email [email protected]
    if you are coming.

Thanks
    Andrea
  • edited November -1
    Hmmm

Edison causing problems for Tesla

History repeats itself
  • edited November -1
    What is the address and time for the Edison Municipal building for the January 28th meeting. I'm trying to adjust me schedule to attend.
  • edited November -1
    I assume same time, same place. But who knows:

Edison Municipal Building
    100 Municipal Blvd
    Edison, NJ 08817

7PM?
  • edited November -1
    Confirmed:
    http://www.edisonnj.org/edisonnj/town_hall/boards_and_committees/uploads/Zoning_board_schedule_2014.pdf

Council Chambers
    First Floor
    Edison Municipal Building
    100 Municipal Blvd
    Edison, NJ 08817
    Jan 28th, 7:00PM
  • edited November -1
    I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting fellow owners and enthusiasts.
  • edited November -1
    It's approved!!!
  • edited November -1
    Should have checked this club more often. This is great news!

Andrea, if you plan to have future gatherings there on a weekend, I'd love to join.
  • edited November -1
    Cindy

We are planning a rally in spring but to be informed quickly please join the NJ tesla Google group. We keep in touch there on a variety of items.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Andrea, someone supposed to have added me, but I've gotten no email at all. Who do I need to contact to join successfully? Thanks.
  • CCCC
    edited November -1
    cindy,

Join the group by going to Google groups

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!overview

Then in the search bar type in: Tesla Owners of NJ
    and join.

Here is the instruction from Google if you need it:

Find and join a group

Groups usually have a name that indicates the subject of the group, such as "cooking" or "music." To find and join a group:

From the Home screen, type a subject, such as "cooking" in the search field.
    Press the Search button. A list of groups and messages is displayed.
    Click on a group name, such as "Live music." The Topics screen appears displaying a series of topics.
    Click on the 'Join group' link. The Join group dialog box appears.
    Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box.
    Click the Join this group button. You are now a member of the group.

An open group is configured to grant you immediate membership. A restricted group requires approval from an administrator before you are added to a group. A private group requires you to click on a link to request membership from the owner.
    Note: Google cannot intervene in the approval process for private groups. Contact the group owner if you need your approval expedited.
  • edited November -1
    Hi CC, thank you for the instructions. Joined.
  • edited November -1
    Any update on this?
  • CCCC
    edited November -1
    The proposal, site plan is approved by Edison board. So Tesla can now move forward with getting construction permits and stuff. Hopefully the Supercharger will be done in late March - early April.