New Jersey

Tailgating of the Curious

edited November -1 in New Jersey
Bergen County - Silver MS P-85. I have noticed a lot of people (BWM, AUDI, MERCEDES, SUV's mostly) zoom up the lane behind me to get as close as possible to see what "kind of car it is".
They hang there for a while - very close - and then back or zoom off. Happens on side streets, secondary and interstates.
Anyone else see this behavior?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Not as much in recent months but a year ago it was bordering on dangerous.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, all the time. Particularly from Audi's and BMW's. I once had an Audi pass me on the left, then slow down so he could tailgate me, and then he passed me on the right.

Another thing that I have noticed is, if I accelerate quickly from a traffic light and then settle in around the speed limit, other cars have to zoom by me. As if they "beat" me.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, all the time. Particularly from Audi's and BMW's. I once had an Audi pass me on the left, then slow down so he could tailgate me, and then he passed me on the right.

Another thing that I have noticed is, if I accelerate quickly from a traffic light and then settle in around the speed limit, other cars have to zoom by me. As if they "beat" me.
  • edited November -1

• edited November -1

• edited November -1
    Also silver p-85 in Nj. I had more of it in the first few months that I had the car. I still get people pulling up along side me with a big smile and a thumbs up. Early on I had some people taking cell phone pictures too.
  • edited November -1

• edited November -1
    Audae & BMWae are the worst offenders. Rice burners too - especially WRX's - they pass and cut so as to ( I imagine) maintain a state of turgid manhood.
    Moving away from a light or sweeping onto a highway with alacrity is like a flame to the moth with these people...
  • edited November -1
    Interesting observation. When I take delivery in about a month I will be curious to see if that happens to me.

I have a specific philosophy about people who race ahead and gear down to be heard by the world as they do so: They who behave this way, in addition to stalking, drive like they are showing off their ________ (insert organ choice here).

In my view, I prefer the approach of -- "them that has it, should never ever brag about it." Which is why I think buying a "stealth bomber" which goes about its business in silence, has just got to be the coolest thing there ever was in a car.
  • edited November -1
    Agreed, Andrew....
    At the end of every incident I am still in a Tesla and they are in a common mouth breather...