New York

New York Meeting at the Tesla Tower

edited November -1 in New York
How about having our next NY meeting at the Tesla Tower on Long Island in anticipation of the new museum?

Comments

• edited November -1
    I would love that, Olof, just has to be after May 31st when I get my new car.

Really great idea.
  • edited November -1
    Yes wouldn't it be fun? What car are you getting? Do you still have the white one?
  • edited November -1
    How many read the NY forum? do you think we need to move the thread to the MS forum?
  • edited November -1
    @Olof I sold my old one to my very successful nephew because my wife won't drive a car without parking sensors or power side view mirrors. This way when her Audi lease is up she'll take my car and I'll get an X.

Well, that's the plan.
  • edited November -1
    Yes I would post on the model S forum as well.
  • edited November -1
    Where is the Tesla Tower?
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Nice plan J.T. with more Teslas to the family :)
    What kind of MS are you getting on May 31st?
  • edited November -1
    Parking sensors were the only change. White, pano, tan, piano, air, tech, 19".

If I didn't get tired of white in a year I figure I never will.
  • edited November -1
    Sounds nice... fingers crossed it gets delivered on time for the Tesla tower trip :)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, JT. I had no idea that this existed! If we do use that site, perhaps we could arrange a convoy.
  • edited November -1
    @rsigman That sounds like a great idea.
  • wmgwmg
    edited November -1
    I pass it all the time. Can you get in there? there's a statue of Tesla facing 25A but it seems like there's gates all around.
  • edited November -1
    i'm in. i live just down the road. I replied on the S forum but see you moved it here as well. You can't get on the premises.
  • edited November -1
    @rbgliny Should I bring boltcutters?
  • edited November -1
    Maybe Oatmeal can let us in -didn't he just buy the property?
  • edited November -1
    I took a ride out there a little over a year ago, right around the time that they were closing on the property. I didn't get to go inside the grounds, but I parked out front and go a nice photo of my car with the former Tesla lab in the background.

They have semi-regular clean-ups at the site...I wonder if it would be worth contacting some of the board members and seeing if they would be interested in trying to tie a mass Tesla convoy/visit to the Wardenclyffe site in conjunction with an event there, and make it a press opportunity for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/TeslaScienceCenter

Thoughts?
  • edited November -1
    I think that might work. They might be able to use the event to promote more contributions for completing the site. Are you going to move forward with it?
  • edited November -1
    I agree with Austin that it may be worth contacting the board members to do this. I don't know them but am happy to help arrange other aspects of the meeting. Do you want to give it a try?
  • edited November -1
    I think it sounds great.
  • edited November -1
    Hello I would like to join you on this ride if it happens, please let me know when and how
    I got my P85 4 weeks ago and LOVE IT!
  • edited November -1
    Seems like a few of us would like to get this going. I will try and get in touch with the board members within the next week or so and see if they might be interested. Anyone already have any contact info to save me some time?
  • edited November -1
    Contacted Tesla Museum via their website about a week ago. No reply as of yet.
  • edited November -1
    I'm getting my car in October. Would love to be a part of some sort of ny tesla meetup.
  • wmgwmg
    edited November -1
    Word is there's going to be a supercharger at the site. Any knowledge of when that might happen?