Model X

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

First Model X on TV?

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    @J.T. I was really not referring to the kid himself, as that part of the story is pure fiction at this time. I was referring to things like décor, clothing and cars.
  • edited November -1
    Tonight the Model X was up again at about 16 minutes when Berry's character went outside the house. This time the view was from the side.
  • edited November -1
    My DVR was not displaying the correct time. It was actually about 32 minutes in.
  • edited November -1
    In the picture left by Tam it would appear that the drivers seat is swiveled around a full 180 degrees to face the back seats. Is this true? Will this be like that in production?
  • edited November -1
    Since the car will not be driving itself, it will not be possible to turn the seat around in a working car. For TV nothing is impossible, but in real life however, at the moment...
  • edited November -1
    @LeonardD

Exactly!

I am glad you can read Chinese!

Elon only promises "AutoPilot" option, not Autonomous Driving option.

Just like airplane, you will still need a pilot, or in this case a driver.
  • edited November -1
    OMG i hope the X looks this cool when it comes out... and NOT like a prius AT all, from ANY angle...
  • edited November -1
    philip;
    No. Some high-end mod co is claiming to have the option.
  • edited November -1
    Wednesdays Extant (6 Aug) had a long shot of the Model X about 2/3 through.

Has anyone seen a scene with the doors raised? The way the show hints at upcoming technology I would expect them to show that.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, it was at about 49 minutes, ads included. The only scene with the doors raised was in the pilot episode, and it was shot from the inside. In every episode, including the Aug 6 one, the front seats were facing the rear. I also expect a more thorough view eventually, but there is probably some sort of arrangement with Tesla to wait until the actual public release.
  • edited November -1
    There was also a little bulb on the windscreen (middle top) - potential camera location for auto drive? I wonder if that's the producer's idea of what every car will need, or a reflection of actual Tesla design.
  • edited November -1
    After the <b>Tesla Motors <i>'D'</i> Event</b> last week, it seems that the future of self-driving cars is a bit closer than we may have hoped.
  • edited November -1
    Bumping many threads lately Red?
  • edited November -1
    A few... Yes.

;-)
  • Bumpy