Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

YOU MIGHT BE A TESLA OWNER IF….

edited November -1 in Model S
…You do not know or care what the price of a gallon of gas is.
…You consider the sound of your seatbelt retractor an annoyance.
…You stop for the yellow light to be first in line for the green.
…You tell your passengers in advance when you are going to accelerate.

…You turn on your air conditioner to let the blind person in the crosswalk hear you.
…You introduce/show your cars to others when parking or returning to it
…You enjoy showing people what’s under the hood of your car
…You tell them who makes it and then they ask who makes it

…”Creep” is something your car does only if you want it to
…You mostly use your brake pedal at speeds less than 5 mph
…You keep checking this internet map with red dots, blue dots and traffic cones

…You fill your daughter’s hybrid with gas credits from the grocery store that you will never use
…You leave that same hybrid car “on” when you park it in the garage and exit
…The license plate frame on your daughter’s Prius says “My next car is a Tesla” and you know it’s true.
…You want to reserve some Model 3s now (and have no doubt it will be a good investment)

…When you are planning a long trip, your daughter reminds you that there is “this flying device” that can get you there quicker (& it does NOT even remotely seem like a better option)

…You have this grin on your face….

Now your turn…

Comments

• edited November -1
    @KevinR,
    So true! Especially the part about telling your passengers "hold on" before punching it!
  • edited November -1
    ...if you buy a lottery ticket and a Pepsi at a gas station so you don't feel guilty about using their facilities.
  • edited November -1
    I feel constrained when there is another car between me and the pole position at a red light.

I have pulled up to the gas pump so I could clean my windshield, then drove off while everyone was staring at my car.
  • edited November -1
    ...if you spend too much time in this forum!
  • edited November -1
    guilty
  • edited November -1
    Guilty, too.
  • edited November -1
    "…You stop for the yellow light to be first in line for the green."
    Ha ha! All the time! :)
  • edited November -1
    Too much time? There are only 24 hours in a day. Sounds just about right to me.
  • edited November -1
    Loved the air conditioner on for the blind. Hilarious.
  • edited November -1
    You make sure your somewhat presentable wherever you go since it is highly likely you'll be answering questions from the curious.
  • edited November -1
    I was just cussing and screaming on my way home from work at the stop lights because I made them ALL green.
  • gtrgtr
    edited November -1
    When you wife tells all your friends that you should work on the sales staff at Tesla...
  • edited November -1
    When you spot another Tesla on the road, you try to catch up to it to 1) Read their license plate (saw one that said "KIK GAS" today)
    2) See who it is and
    3) "Nod" or wave.

Every time somebody passes by you -- especially when they're trying to show off -- in a big SUV, rather than show off you start laughing (I do) because ... you KNOW they have to stop for gas and pay for their little misdemeanor!

Every time you see anyone driving a Suburban,Escalade, Tahoe, Expedition, Navigator or other similar behemoth, all by themselves, let's just say you feel very smart all of a sudden.

When other drivers look at you, you think "they're undressing my Tesla with their eyes!"

You go to the Supercharger once in a while just to meet other Tesla owners. And yes, you do end up answering questions and being deputized as an assistant Tesla salesperson on the spot.

You see a car commercial and you change the channel.

You see a car dealer commercial and you change the channel faster.

Your next trip to Europe might be to visit Norway, thanks to Bjorn Nyland and his fine work. Tell me you're not thinking about it!

You enjoy watching certain Tesla videos over and over again: My favorites are the modern spaceship commercial and the girl who screams out "OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE GETTING A TESLA!!!"

Pile on!
  • edited November -1
    ...you always order your drinks with NO ICE

...you are constantly showing your friends photos of burning Fords, Chevrolets, Porsches, Subarus, Hondas, Toyotas, Fiats, etc, etc, etc.

...you drive with the AM radio tuned between stations

...your spouse is wondering why you are wanting to buy a clear bra
  • edited November -1
    ....cruise slowly through the Porsche dealer's lot - hahahahaha
  • edited November -1
    if you claim to have never lost a race to another car even though the reality is you did :)
  • edited November -1
    If the Tesla sales person leave potential buyers to you to answer questions.

If you know to mark a thread private just so Brian H cannot correct your grammars.
  • edited November -1
    "When you wife tells all your friends that you should work on the sales staff at Tesla..."

Or the Tesla staff ask if you're planning on applying for a job at Tesla. Or (as Cindy mentioned) they turn to you (since you're hanging around at the Yorkdale store) and ask you to describe the information they've just relayed to a customer, but in your own words/experience.

Oops.
  • edited November -1
    @hsadler:

'....cruise slowly through the Porsche dealer's lot - hahahahaha'

Or you've dropped a friend at the crappy Chrysler dealer and made sure to beep the horn not only to let him know you're taking off but also to rub it in to the dealership staff that their cars are so last year. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Also since Chrysler == Fiat and douchebag Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne hates EVs, I made doubly sure the staff saw the car.
  • edited November -1
    ...you attend Tesla conferences and blow off the work ones
    ...you constantly bump the Tips thread so common questions don't get often asked
    ...you consider driving three days one way to where you grew up, to only spend two days at the destination and then drive back
    ...you just can't stop talking about your Model S and EVs
    ...you have given over 100 test rides to family, friends, colleagues and relative strangers
  • edited November -1
    ...you've been called "A Tesla Evangelist"
    ...you don't understand why everyone just doesn't understand!
  • edited November -1
    ...you check the supercharger map every hour!
  • edited November -1
    ..if you try to put a rental car in PARK by pushing the windshield wiper button.
  • edited November -1
    You and your spouse actually wanted the same car.