New York

Tesla charging station in Saratoga Springs, NY

Tesla has amazed me again. Just read that Tesla in conjunction with GE has installed 2 tesla charging station at the Saratoga Automible Muesum. For those familiar with the area the stations are behind the Mueseum. They are not supercharge stations but second best. As a resident of Saratoga Springs and only about 4 miles from there, I jumped in my 1 week old Tesla and motored over. They are in a perfect spot behind the building out of the general public, avoiding the ICE car parking. For out of towers, there is allot to do while charging, beautiful golf course, great dining at the Gideon Putnam, bike paths, runner/walking paths, and then SPAC, (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)

Comments

• edited November -1
    I am a brand new Tesla owner from Saratoga Springs, NY. I just picked mine up yesterday. I'm glad to see that there are charging options around town.
  • edited November -1
    Ricci21. Should get together there are a few of us mine is black pano roof there is an event scheduled for 10/19 at the museum
  • edited November -1
    Please list these in the plugshare website, and please list yourselves if possible!! Welcome to Tesla ownership. I am from Buffalo and have family in Balston Spa, so I am sure I will be in town intermittently. Maybe I'll run into you at the charger sometime.
  • edited November -1
    Ronald. Just added the tesla charge in plug share. When you are in Ballston Spa let me know and we can maybe connect up at the museum
    When did you take delivery of your Tesla
  • edited November -1
    Any idea what the output of these chargers is?
  • edited November -1
    rk2Keyser, we should get together. I am having my power connected to my garage Thursday. So far, I have met some fellow Tesla owners at the Super Charger at Colonie Center.
  • edited November -1
    Rocci
    Yes let's get together email me your contact info to this email address name (from the forum) @gmail
  • edited November -1
    I took delivery of my Model S in March 2013 and of the roadster in June 2010
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for listing the chargers on Plug Share. I have it on good authority that Tesla is seeking a permit to place a supercharger cluster in Clarence NY just outside Buffalo. One in Syracuse and the NYC Toronto gates are opened!!
  • edited November -1
    Ronald great news on the Syracuse Clarence supercharger stations. I travel often from Albany to Syracuse and buffalo so I will map out accordingly.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry, I was a little ambiguous, the Clarence charger permit request is in the works. I have no knowledge of Syracuse unfortunately.
  • edited November -1
    Great news on Buffalo charger permit process underway! We need Buffalo to connect upstate NY to the existing East-West Supercharger path!

Thanks Ron.

Eric
  • edited November -1
    Hi Saratoga Springs Tesla Owners...

There will be a few more of us in town soon.

I am picking mine up on Dec 17th and a good friend is getting his in March.

Elliott
    Elliott Masie
    MASIE Center

[email protected]
  • edited November -1
    Elliot,

Congratulations and sure we will see one another in Saratoga. Just emailed you with contact info.
  • edited November -1
    Welcome to the club Elliot. I will be picking up my second, a P85D at the end of the month.
  • Any update on the buffalo supercharger? We need to drive from DC to Toronto.

Thx
  • edited November -1
    It would be fun to have a Tesla at the Track Day this summer. Many other Horse Owners are stepping up to the Tesla.
  • edited November -1
    Great suggestion..... I know of a few Tesla owners that spend the month of August in Saratoga so we can extend the invite to them. More the merrier. It is only 8 months away :-( I know of 5 Saratogians that are enjoying their Tesla.
  • edited November -1
    A friend of mine goes to a private racetrack in Monticello to push his Porsche.

We were talking about a Spring visit there -- with some Teslas = to let them zoom around the track...

:)

Elliott

(I'm in Paris today, the Tesla is due in Mt. Kisco on Thursday and we pick it up on Saturday)
  • edited November -1
    Picked up my Tesla on Sat. OMG

Love the supercharger in Albany and the wall charger in my garage
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations Elliot. Welcome to the club. I have my P85D in production right now and am hoping for a 12/26 delivery. Enjoy the car, it is amazing.
  • edited November -1
    I could make it to a Monticello track event with my P85+ ;-)